Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2ltr EFI Fuel Pressure??

Message originally posted by: Ian Hickson
    I've just installed a 2ltr DOHC ford engine into my Cabrio, up rated from a Carb engine.
    Do I need to upgrade the fuel system from a standard 'facet' pump?. I understand the fuel pressure should be greater with EFI.
    Many Thanks...

Re: 2ltr EFI Fuel Pressure??

Yes, you'll need a high Pressue pump for fuel injection systems and a return pipe back to the fuel tank. You might also need a 'swirl' pot to prevent fuel stavation as you go round corners. There is a great informative article all about this in this months Practical Performance Car. try you local W H Smiths.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
      Hi Ian Further to email. Peter Morris sourced his pump from B G C MOTOR SPORT COMPONENTS contact Brian Goodall tel 01945 4666 90 Petr says most Fords use 22/803 but he thinks he chose next one up ESP 800C an 80 PSI Pump.

Comment

My cabrio fuel system comprises of a low pressure solid state pacet pump at the rear, feeding a collector pot at the front, feeding a high pressure pump near the collector pot. All of my fuel system was supplied by BGC Motorsport Components, tel 01945 466690. The high pressure pump supplied was model number TCP015C. This was supplied because the pump normally sold for this aplication was out of stock , which is part 22-803.The collector pot is model CCP002.
        Give them a ring - The man to speak to is Brian Goodal and I have always found him very helpful.
        They do all bits for plumbing too!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Ian Hickson
          Thank you all for your ideas I shall be contacting Brian with a view to solving the problem. I will let you know how I got on.
          Ian

Comment

Working...
          X