Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Glasgow

Hi

I joined the club at the end of last year and I am now in the process of getting a previously unbuilt SWB Roadster on the road.

I started the project with my Uncle who sadly passed away last year. When we first started the project I was 20 - I'm now 41! We stripped an 1800 Marina and did an initial first fit but that is as far as we got.

Work pressures and two small boys has resulted in me enlisting the help of the ScottishKitCar Centre in East Lothian. The Marina axle is being replaced with IRS and a Zetec 2.0 power plant will be going in. There are some initial build photos on their Facebook page for those who are interested.

Hoping to get a few miles on the road in the summer!

Mark

Re: Hello from Glasgow

Hi and welcome to the club. I've been watching this on Facebook and I did think about asking if they would like to do a build diary on this Marlin Club site but never got around to it. So as you are now a member how about it? It looks like a very interesting build and I'm sure that many members would be interested to see pics and read a few words about it.

Regards Scott

Comment

Absolutely. Ill get something together.

Regards

Mark

Comment

Welcome, like the others I'm looking forward to the photo diary.
        PM sent - check "Notifications" in top right hand corner of the Forum page
        Rgds DC

Comment

Ill get the chassis no. confirmed. Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,
            I am in Carluke (about 20 miles away) have a LWB Ital based Roadster, if you need any help or need to refer to how mines is put together give me a shout.
            Regards
            Graham

Comment

Hi Mark I'll be heading up to Moffatt for the classic car show in June, I have a LWB 1700cc marina based car (pre ital). if you want another example to look at.
              Regards
              David

Comment

Hi Graham. Many thanks - that's not far away at all. Thanks very much for the offer.

Mark

Comment

Hi David. Thanks very much for the offer. I'll try to get across.

Mark

Comment

I would offer my car as a look see but as it's in a bit of state with the engine and box out and no interior I think it would be a good example of how not to do things

Derek
                    Stumbling around in the dark
                    Marina based SWB roadster
                    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Marlin View Post
                      I would offer my car as a look see but as it's in a bit of state with the engine and box out and no interior I think it would be a good example of how not to do things

Derek
                      Thanks Derek. Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X