Stoneleigh Endeavour Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoneleigh Endeavour Award

Many apologies, but I omitted to include a brief note of committee guidance on the Stoneleigh Show “Best Endeavour” category from my recent Pitstop column:-

The Marlin Owner’s Club “Best Endeavour” Award

With the number of new-build Marlins now in decline the “Best Endeavour” award is intended to acknowledge cars that demonstrate values and attributes above and beyond those normally associated with the construction and presentation of such vehicles.
    For example (but not exclusively) this may be where the current owner has made significant modifications to the original design, an arduous rescue of a neglected vehicle or where the car has delivered exceptional motoring pleasure or achievement.
    If the value of your Marlin is much greater than simply outward appearance a short note on your windscreen describing these qualities is sure to be well received!

John Mulvaney

(Out of courtesy to users of this Forum I choose not to obscure my identity through use of a screen name – I thank you for not replicating this posting on other social media sites).

Re: Stoneleigh Endeavour Award

Seems to me there are four catergories here! Having a much modified cabrio and just done 400miles then 400 back with an average speed of 54mph I wonder which catergory I would be in? Just one reason I willnot be at stoneleigh this year . Please bring back best modified as a seperate catergory.

Comment

Is that because the car can only do 800 miles? In June mine reliably went over 900 miles in 19 hours then on to complete 2100 miles in 9 days. All marlins are "modified" as I don't think any two are identical. Don't concentrate on the gongs and tee shirts; bring your car so that we and the public can see it. The more the merrier!
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
        Is that because the car can only do 800 miles? In June mine reliably went over 900 miles in 19 hours then on to complete 2100 miles in 9 days. All marlins are "modified" as I don't think any two are identical. Don't concentrate on the gongs and tee shirts; bring your car so that we and the public can see it. The more the merrier!
        For me it's about driving it rather than how many gongs I can collect... none to date by the way

But then I've only been to two shows in 30 years
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Egg on face time ! I was given the Best Endeavour Award.
          Humble Pie is in the oven.
          Many thanks all.
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

This was one very well deserved award. May I raise my hat and my glass to you . Well done Dane
            Danny.

Comment

Working...
            X