Marlin Roadster Hood Sticks/frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster Hood Sticks/frame

Does anyone have a set of Roadster hood sticks for sale? My wife has mistakenly thrown out mine thinking they were part of her clothes stand!
    Original, non folding please.

Contact me (Efrem) on 07781 103456 or email [email protected]

Re: Marlin Roadster Hood Sticks/frame

Hi

Depends where you are but you could use mine as a pattern if you get stuck.

Adrian

Originally posted by efremcockett View Post
    Does anyone have a set of Roadster hood sticks for sale? My wife has mistakenly thrown out mine thinking they were part of her clothes stand!

Comment

Thanks Adrian, I'm in Guernsey, but fly to the UK most weeks. I'll let you know, very kind, thanks for the offer.

Comment

Hi I'm in Yateley if that would be easier. ..
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

This is why I keep my Garage locked, and I have all the keys :-)

Comment

Hi, I have the opposite problem. I bought my marlin with hood, frame and tonneau. The frame is good but who knows where the hood and tonneau came from, it certainly wasn't a Marlin.

I am now on the hunt for a hood, side screens and windscreen rail.
            Stumbling around in the dark
            Marina based SWB roadster
            Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Perhaps you could modify some Land Rover ones. Plenty of them about on the Net just googled hood sticks. or get some stainless tube and make some up

Comment

Thanks Adrian, I'm in Guernsey, but fly to the UK most weeks. I'll let you know, very kind, thanks for the offer.
                Hi ,if you fly in to Exeter from Gurnsey, message me as I am not going to be using my hood for a month. Mine is the solid frame type with the tensioning section that folds forward. I am 10 mins from the airport and could meet up easily. Cheers Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby131 View Post
                  Hi ,if you fly in to Exeter from Gurnsey, message me as I am not going to be using my hood for a month. Mine is the solid frame type with the tensioning section that folds forward. I am 10 mins from the airport and could meet up easily. Cheers Chris.
                  That's kind of you, I can come over to Exeter any time. Just to confirm though, your sticks are the Mk2 ones, I don't remember a tensioning section. Mine were just the sticks. Are we talking the same thing? Efrem

Comment

If I knew the angles and sizes I would make them myself!

Originally posted by old-n-notpastityet View Post
                    Perhaps you could modify some Land Rover ones. Plenty of them about on the Net just googled hood sticks. or get some stainless tube and make some up

Comment

I've been trying to find time to measure mine for you. I will be working on my car this weekend so will try and remember for you.
                      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Brilliant, thank you!

Comment

I'll do some pictures of mine with measurements and try to show you the angles in the pics if I can. If it's dry 2-morrow I'll see if I can do it then and upload the pics in the evening. hope we can help

Comment

Originally posted by old-n-notpastityet View Post
                            I'll do some pictures of mine with measurements and try to show you the angles in the pics if I can. If it's dry 2-morrow I'll see if I can do it then and upload the pics in the evening. hope we can help
                            Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X