Greenfly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenfly

Has anyone tried spraying Marlin parts with Smooth Hammerite and Greenfly ? it's quite an interesting texture. seriously though, I waited for a nice afternoon after the rain, then took out the soft top bars I'd cup brushed last week then set up a table in the garden, got the tubes set up for spraying then just as I finished the first coat a Greenfly suicide squad flew into it all, I don't get stressed out by Greenfly but this afternoon I made an exception and had an episode !! anyhow I scrapped off what I could and give it a few more coats, then went and had a fiddle with my quarter light window and hinges. The tubes don't look too bad now they are dry, I'll give them a few days then fettle them up a bit, I would and should have done the job in my garage but it's a bit dark really, but there we go eh. I was looking forward to a trip to Stoneliegh this weekend but I'm working and on call, I am off Monday though so might just go, depending on the weather etc.

Re: Greenfly

hhaaaha - yes! When i was much much younger my friend and I brush painted his AUstin 1300 one hot sunny afternoon with Dulux Red - It looked amazing (please dont argue - we were teenagers- and it looked amazing!). However, overnight it was beset by a swarm of insects which all stuck into the setting paint. the next morning we were rolling on the floor laughing at it, then decided to simply brush them all off - we were left with thousands of little legs making the car look like it had a flock finish!

Comment

Re: Greenfly

Green fly yes...but try love bugs in Florida, apparently a problem at this time of year.

This was the car at the end of a 50 mile drive ( it was clean before they started !)
      DC
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X