Stoneleigh 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoneleigh 2015

A couple of pics from today, more to follow.

s6.jpg

s251.jpg

Re: Stoneleigh 2015

I took this just after the AGM on Sunday afternoon.
    Attached Files
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Great to see a really good turnout of Marlins yesterday. Enjoyed to show and had a good ride home and missed the rain!
      Gareth.

Comment

Sunday

s11.jpg

s16.jpg

s21.jpg

s26.jpg

s31.jpg

s36.jpg

Comment

Sunday

s41.jpg

s46.jpg

s51.jpg

s56.jpg

s61.jpg

s81.jpg

Comment

Nice photo's, although mine (Q733 JKO) looks red when it's actually orange (although the colour is called Carnival Red), but then I've seen this in other, especially earlier, photo's of the car and wonder if it's something to do with colour enhancement on the camera or post processing?
            Attached Files
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

David, PM sent.

Scott, sorry did not get to meet you.

Re Stoneleigh pics, I shall not put all of mine up, but if anyone wants a pic of their car at Stoneleigh, please let me know

Rgds DC
              Last edited by dcunn; 05-05-15, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                Nice photo's, although mine (Q733 JKO) looks red when it's actually orange (although the colour is called Carnival Red), but then I've seen this in other, especially earlier, photo's of the car and wonder if it's something to do with colour enhancement on the camera or post processing?
                I thought it was green!
                s51.jpg

I think we had 40+ cars there on Sunday, a bit down on last year but the weather was promising to be a bit rough - the day was in fact really good and the standard of cars exceptional.
                Last edited by cameronfurnival; 04-05-15, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I'd love to know how that's done How about a British Racing Green version!

Comment

Sunday

s66.jpg

s226.jpg

s156.jpg

s181.jpg

s191.jpg

s196.jpg

Comment

Sunday

s201.jpg

s206.jpg

s211.jpg

s231.jpg

s241.jpg

s246.jpg

Comment

Well done to everyone who braved the weather, had a really enjoyable time on Sunday. My son was a little bemused by the chap who asked to measure my roadsters seats during the AGM but was pleased to be of help.

Comment

Some from both days
                          Attached Files

Comment

.......and I only managed to catch one member with obsessive compulsive behaviour. LoL
                            DC

(email me if you would like a high res copy)
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by dcunn; 05-05-15, 07:52 PM.

Comment

We had a great day at Stoneleigh on Sunday. The weather was much better than expected and there was plenty to see. Thanks to GreyV8Pete for allowing me to try your lovely Hunter for size. Pete - I have been reading through the Hunter / Cabrio section of the forum and noticed all the posts regarding your wheel alignment, so I now understand the background to what we were talking about. The other subject that caught my eye was your pedal positions. Did you actually move them back towards the driver in the end? You may remember that I was short of legroom in your car (I am 6ft4in and need to diet) and we looked at space for moving the seat runners back further. This would be important in my deciding whether I could actually fit into a long wheelbase Hunter or Cabrio. My Mrs is happy for me to look for a nice V8 or BMW powered car so first question has to be, can I fit? It was also lovely to chat with your son (sorry forgot his name) and to see his ongoing Berlinetta project. Fantastic to see the next generation enjoying Marlins. Thanks also to Dane_Rescueman for entertaining my wife and young son whilst I was looking over Pete's car. Everyone on the Marlin stand was so friendly.
                              Attached Files
                              Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Working...
                              X