Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day of "Half a job's"

Evening all,
    Yesterday was a day of half a job here and half a job there, it seemed I could not make any headway with anything, I removed my leaking oil cooler a few months back and I had bought a new 9 row cooler from Ebay, it was almost identical apart from being fitted with JIC fittings instead of the BSP as with the old unit so of course my pipes would not fit and trying to find adapters is something else again, plenty of AN 8 but no AN 10, So I've got a man on the case, I then went to fit my new quarter windows, I decided to bolt them to the windscreen frame using M5 set's but my tap's seemed to have waltzed off somewhere, so I measured the job up, center punched the future holes and that was another job left undone. Anyway, today was a bright shiny sort of day so once I got back home from work I made another wooden trough for the wife's bedding plants, then drilled and tapped out the holes for the quarter windows ( Tap's on loan ) and then fitted the windows, I then took the car for a nice run through a few of the local villages including the Ffrith and Brymbo, these windows do help with the wind buffeting but I'd like to find or make something to adjust and hold the windows steady as they do try and flap about quite a bit. ( So this job is not really complete yet ! )

Re: A day of "Half a job's"

perhaps if we could see the problem you might get some ideas on a solution, try putting some pictures on your post, wish I could come and have a look, I love a project. Too far away ! Good luck with it mate.

Comment

Ffrith and Brymbo! Not exactly picturesque! You should venture further and come down to llandrinio - we have a much nicer view! Actually - it is a nice area up round Ffrith.
      I have found most of my jobs to be incomplete - I always over think things and never start one job in case I need to do something else first - hence the Romero still being unfinished. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Hi all, Ffrith and Brymbo are not very picturesque as they are old industrial villages like many along the N Wales coal field, but the surrounding countryside is a match for most area's of the country, I drove about 20 mile for a bit of a toottle about, it always puts a smile on my face ! I'll try and pop a photo or two on here, given I find the time.

Comment

Working...
        X