Cosmic Locking Wheel Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmic Locking Wheel Nuts

Someone at Stoneleigh mentioned having trouble finding locking wheel nuts to fit a Roadster.
    These are some older style locks which should fit...on eBay here.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: Cosmic Locking Wheel Nuts

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
    Someone at Stoneleigh mentioned having trouble finding locking wheel nuts to fit a Roadster.
    These are some older style locks which should fit...on eBay here.
    Thanks, that may have been me, well at least I was looking...
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      Thanks, that may have been me, well at least I was looking...

Bought...
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

My Cosmics will be on a Marina base, any ideas as to what I need?

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
          My Cosmics will be on a Marina base, any ideas as to what I need?
          If you look at the text on the back of the packing for the locking wheel nuts a just bought it says 'for steel wheels only and the following manufacturers ally wheels only. Cosmic, 100+, Ally-Cat, K.N'. I think that's pointing to the fact that these alloys use steel inserts in the holes (my Ally-Cat's do) so you'll need either the acorn style or the flat base with conical washer that sits in the bevelled insert.

I have a set of the acorn style from BG Motorsport (www.bpgmotorsport.co.uk) and have those fitted. That's a like for like replacement for me, they are good nuts.

And then I am waiting for a set of four of the flat base style with accompanying washer so I can test these as well. These are from Maurice at http://www.mistertee.co.uk.

--
          #SN28-3/8" unf, Revolution 9/16" bore sleeve wheel nuts & washers.
          #SW30-Cone washers, 14mm bore, flat to 60° taper seat.
          --

I'll writer up my findings when I have both sets trial fitted and you're welcome to pop over one evening next week and take a look.
          Attached Files

Comment

sounds good to me.

I will bring one of my Cosmics with me.

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
              sounds good to me.

I will bring one of my Cosmics with me.
              Will PM my address etc...

Comment

Working...
              X