Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight surrounds - help !!

Message originally posted by: stuart hammond
    Hi.I'm new to this so this might sound a bit stupid.
    the chrome on my headlight surrounds of my treasured roadster is flaking off.
    I thought it would be easy to find replacements on the interweb, but after two hours of fruitless searching, I'm no nearer finding any.
    Could anyone suggest a source ?
    many thanks in anticipation
    stuart

Re: headlight surrounds - help !!

Hi Stuart, Are your headlights the grp shell with a normal car unit fitted in. If so the old type mini rim will fit.Or are they the Cibie type? if this is the case the easiest answer is "I think" to replce the units. But Im still trying to find a supplier who may be able to offer the seperate bits ie the lense+reflector, Rim or other bits. But no luck so far any Ideas out there.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi all

when i was phoning around to find some i was told that you would only get the complete cibie lights.

Comment

Message originally posted by: stuart hammond
        thanks Ben
        I'm not sure what type Ive got but they are he same as this picture. Perhaps you could tell me which they are ? I'm grateful for any help

Comment

With great difficulty I found someone who will supply lens+reflector inserts for Cibie Oscar lamps (I'm away from home at present but will post the details here at the weekend). This is fine if, like mine, it was the silvering on the reflectors that had corroded. If it's the external ring, I think you might have to find a local "replating" service, but totally new lights might be cheaper.

Comment

Yes they are the CIBIE Oscar driving lamp with Main/Dip spec.Holden Vintage and classic do the replacement reflector its list on their web site not sure about the rim try phone on 01885 488889
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
            X