New lights fitted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lights fitted.

Finally got around to fitting the new lights I'd bought at Stoneleigh. Also fitted the yellow/white number plates to be legal, even fitted new reflectors, so I shouldn't get anyone going up my rear, so to speak...
    To keep the road muck from damaging the back of the lights, I've cut up a lid of an old plastic storage box and glued it to the inside of the wing and undersealed over it.
    What better way to test the lights and number plate by a run up to the Horseshoe Pass and back. Lovely day for a drive!
    I can confirm they work!
    Gareth.
    Attached Files

Re: New lights fitted.

They look smart, are they builds or LED's? I was wondering about LED bulbs in my old one piece 'trailer' style lights.

Did you replace the single block style or similar round ones?
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

I like the in fill panel between the bumper/chassis and the back end. Was this easy to do and how did you fit it.

MakeS the back end look less like a tractor
      Last edited by David; 21-05-15, 06:52 PM.
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi Dave, the fill in panel is just a sheet of aluminium held on by two bolts mounted to a bracket underneath, but does finish the rear end off quite nicely. Very few owners seem to do this for some reason.
        The lights are fitted with normal bulbs, and I had to file out a hole about one inch diameter for the body to fit through the wing. Hence the plastic shield under the wing. The picture below shows the original lights. The four mounting screws for the original trailer style lights line up perfectly, by chance!
        Gareth.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that, and I just noticed that you have the same wind deflector hinges as me and on the back edge of the windscreen, mine are on the side which means I have to take them off to fit the weather gear.

I was thinking of moving mine, do they work well in that location, and does your weather gear go around them?

Comment

Hi Dave, yes the side screens fit over the deflectors. I just fold the deflectors in.
            As deflectors go, they do work but it's still a bit windy in there. I've also made some perspex side windows which work quite well and look quite neat. There are some pictures on here somewhere...
            Gareth.

Comment

Found a picture of the side screens I made, Dave.
              Attached Files

Comment

And today the Roadster has passed its MOT with no advisories! Happy days!!!

Comment

Thanks for that and well done on the MOT

Comment

Nice photos, nice car, I too like that rear "Filler panel" it does improve the look. I might get a chance to take my old Marlin for a run this weekend.

Comment

Hi Harry, if you do get out, put something on here, and I'll try and meet up if I can.
                      Gareth.

Comment

Working...
                      X