Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED - Steering Rack Mounts - MK2 Marina

Hi
    Decided to investigate the strange steering feel I have been experiencing since owning the car (only taken me 9 years)!!
    Seems that my car has had a new steering rack fitted sometime in the past but they have used a MK2 rack rather than a MK1. The problem is that they have reused the MK1 mounts which simply do not fit properly.
    So.... Does anybody out there have a set of MK2 marina steering rack brackets that they are prepared to sell me or swap for MK1's??
    If not then can anybody suggest a supplier or even an alternative. I have looked at the solid mounts available for triumphs and Fords but can't seem to get a definitive answer on whether or not they will fit. Does anybody know if the MK2 rack was shared with any other cars??
    All help and advice gratefully excepted.
    Thanks in advance

Jon
    Steering R M.jpg
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Re: WANTED - Steering Rack Mounts - MK2 Marina

Hi Jon
    I was going to suggest posting on the Marina forum - but you already have
    This thread on there (by Steve G) is very useful...a post further down states that MK1 mounts are common with Triumph Dolomite...these are available from Rimmers for £13 a piece (Heritage parts).
    Also some useful info around MK2 mounts.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for the pointer. I had already looked at this article and unfortunately it just confirmed that there is no similarity between the Mk1 and MK2 brackets. The image I used above is actually from a current eBay ad but the poster won't sell me just the mounts and I live too far away to buy the whole lot and collect them.
      Desperately need to find someone who has a pair lying around. There seems to be no alternative unless someone knows different.
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

In my recent efforts to identify the differences and to source similar parts I have found nothing that matches the Mk2 mounts.

My latest document is here or there.

possibly the best bet is to ask on fastmarina forum.
        Last edited by stevejgreen; 02-07-15, 12:26 PM.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi Jon, where is it? If it's not too far from me I don't mind picking it up for you.
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately the parts are based in Folkstone.

Comment

Working...
            X