Got myself a shiny new MOT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself a shiny new MOT!

Isn't it always the way, I did all the normal checks the night before and all was working, I dropped the car in and went for a walk (Too stressful to stand and watch) as I came back they said sorry its failed both the brake lights arent working.
    It had to be the switch so looked in the footwell to see bits of switch lying on the floor. Do you need tools he said. (When did you last hear a mechanic say that!)
    There is an old fashioned car parts center in the next street, so I went round the corner, I need a brake light switch for a mid seventies Marina..... oh yes sir one of this should do the job £4.75 please. well it was fitted in 10 minuets and the MOT was duly written out. as I paid the bill the girl in the garage reception said they had a lot of fun testing the horns on your car I have never herd those before a Claxon (for Legal purposes) and La coch aracha musical Air horns (for show grounds only!)
    Oh to be young. I remember when it was legal to have musical air horns on the road!

Re: Got myself a shiny new MOT!

Well done. I did a similar thing. Ordered two wheel brake cylinders for the back of the car, only fitted one thinking the other was ok, guess what.

Lucky you had supplier close by, most seem to have shut up shop now.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Excellent result.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Moll's MoT today. Passed with no comments. Now for another long range epic perhaps?
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
        X