Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kop Hill Climb 2015 - 19/20th September 2015.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kop Hill Climb 2015 - 19/20th September 2015.

Kop Hill Climb is on the 19th/20th September this year.

Being on the organising committee and a two times Marlin owner I've taken the liberty of entering my Marlin under the Classic Display rules (pre '75 [tax year]) or at least 25 years old on a club stand. I may also sneak a run up the hill later Sunday afternoon once the Hill Reserve list has run.

Would be good to see the usual Marlins in the Cherished Vehicles area next to the grandstands and maybe if we get a good number of cars people will notice and I can lobby for a club pitch in 2016. As previously mentioned here some Marlins ARE classic cars now.

David.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Kop Hill Climb 2015 - 19/20th September 2015.

Bump...
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what does 'Bump' mean?
      Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
        Forgive my ignorance, but what does 'Bump' mean?
        Dave.
        It's just a strategy to get the post to the top of the list again
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Bump it up to the top of the list. Not unusual. Works best when people check the latest posts on a forum, rather than look at a list.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Cheers, Steve & Andy. Very clever, obvious, when you know.
            Dave

Comment

sorry, showing my age!

Comment

Went last year - well worth the trip so hope to be there Saturday, anybody else?

Comment

I'll be there, with an organisor hat on and hopefully my Marlin parked in the paddock. I just spoke to Keith Howell, he may be going, and may book into the main paddock.

We usually see a few Marlins in the Chrieshed Vehicles area but would be good to see some booked into the Classics parking.

Comment

Great day.

20150920_115641.jpg
                    20150920_113540.jpg
                    20150920_113557.jpg

Sorry can't seem to turn them
                    Last edited by listerjp2; 20-09-15, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                      Great day.

Sorry can't seem to turn them
                      Look ok to me.
                      MOC member since 05/97
                      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

mr x went on saturday and my driver had a brilliant day, the run back home to newbury in the late evening cool air we were both on song.ace!.

Comment

Working...
                        X