rover engine number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rover engine number

My Cabrio is fitted with a rebuilt Rover 3.5 V8 and I need to know the date of manufacture for SVA. The number is in the series 341nnnnnF, and according to the Rimmer Bros site, it is from a Range Rover made for Germany, Sweden or Norway between 1971 and 1977. Does anyone know a site where I can pin down the year more accurately, as pre 1975 it only needs a visual emissions check? Thanks.

Re: rover engine number

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (Editor, MOC)
    Hey Dave

This is good news, you're talking about SVA! Good Luck! Hope to see you at Stoneleigh with it :-)

Comment

Hi Dave

Interesting to hear there is a Cabrio in build around the corner from me, I am in Leeds and building a LWB car. Is your short or long wheel base? Be interested to keep in touch on how you go with SVA, when are you putting it through?

Regards

John

Comment

I hoped to make the winter shindig but alas not to be, so really must make Stoneleigh. It is swb and has been in build longer than I care to think, but I've made a number of mods. It went for SVA last week - close but no cigar! Nothing major to sort out but could not get emissions right, based on 1977 engine (they take most recent if you give them a range), hence my desire to find out if it is really an earlier engine. The tester at Manchester was most helpful, suggesting fixes as we went along, and even supplying some glue and tubing!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Derek (tech Rep)Cabrio
          Hi Dave
          The address you want is British Motor Industry
          Heritage Trust, Archive & Library, Heritage Motor Centre, Banbury Road, Gayton, Warwick, CV35 0BJ
          Tel No 01926 641188
          They charged 15 pounds in 2001
          They will tell you the exact date of manufacture if you give them the number
          Cheers
          Derek

Comment

Thanks Derek
            I tried them, but as it was from a Range Rover, they had no record. They gave me the number for Land Rover, Traceability Dept (0121-7222424 if its of use to anyone), but they weren't any more definite than Rimmers, and actually thought it was later ('76-'84, probably towards the end). Looks like I'll have to stick with Rimmers dating, as the SVA station were happy to take it anyway. Nothing is quite black and white in SVA-world!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (Editor, MOC)
              I'm just amazed there's a dedicated line for tracing Landrovers!

Comment

Working...
              X