Rear Springs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Springs.

Can any one source rear springs for the MK 3 GT Cortina. They have a spiral formed in the bottom which enables them to be bolted to the trailing arm. Mine have settled to a point of not giving me the correct ground clearance now. So longer ones would be beneficial. I want the old girl to have her back end lifted, and hopefully the Berlinetta as well

Re: Rear Springs.

Hi Jerry.

They appear to have them for Mk3 saloon and estate (I dunno what the difference is!):

http://www.oldpartstore.co.uk/CORTINAMK3PARTSLIST%20.htm

You may need to 'copy and paste' into your URL.

Comment

And they might do uprated springs:

http://www.carparts-direct.co.uk/suspension_muscle_kit.htm#

I couldn't open the excel file, so don't know if Cortina parts are included, but they do claim to cover many parts for kit cars. Worth a look for other bits too, even oil!

Comment

Change the bottom trailing arms and use mk 4 or mk5 rearcoils if you really want to beef the back end up try towing inserts inthe coils as well These are available and have given me good results. Good luck.

Comment

Apparently carparts-direct DO have uprated Cortina springs (I left a query about oil on his website, and he phoned me up on Saturday for a chat to discuss it! He's quite an enthusiast, and knows a fair bit about Marlins and other kits). And, no, I don't have shares...

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
            Hi Jerry you might like to telephone Kit Fit 01636 893453. I am sure you will be offered a good selection to chose from.

Comment

Working...
            X