Up to 85 MPH then Chickened Out !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up to 85 MPH then Chickened Out !!

Went for an outing to Attingham Park along the M54.Speedo up to 85 with lips flappin in the wind ! and then remembered how close my Arse was to the Tarmac and quickly backed off the pedal ,we have to do it don't we !!.Still enjoyed the buzz though but won't bother again. Happy at 55/60.

Re: Up to 85 MPH then Chickened Out !!

He he. My son assures me that my roadster will do 85 MPH but I have no intention of finding out. I will do 70 to get out of trouble then its back to 60-65 where it is comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by mark.westbrookwhite View Post
      He he. My son assures me that my roadster will do 85 MPH but I have no intention of finding out. I will do 70 to get out of trouble then its back to 60-65 where it is comfortable.
      That's the way 2 do it lol. Just had a 67 year old moment . Again !!. Sometimes get tempted with the throttle,with me Bikes as well but not often. At least we know there is something there to get us out of trouble eh. Good Marlinin to yer.

Comment

Is everything in the mirror a blur at 80 and above, I cannot see anything in my mirror at that speed, something starts vibrating but what ? I tend to think its the general lack of Aerodynamics ?? good fun though !

Comment

It's your teeth vibrating, filtering out the flies.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Lack of the aero thingy and the teeth thingy I think, but the flies can taste quite good if you get enuff of em lol . But the Marlin is the best fun car I have ever had and we love it. Everybody else does seem to love it as well, peeps are always admiring the old thing ( Marlin that is !! ) and taking snapshots. Luvly Jubbly

Comment

Working...
            X