Tatton Park Classic Car Show 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatton Park Classic Car Show 2015

The club won a highly commended 1st place for the stand, on the Sunday, of the Classic Car show at Tatton Park.
    We were delighted with this as a ‘Kit Car’ display in a Classic Car show. Perhaps we should start to refer to our cars as Classics now.
    The weather was mainly good to us although the last hour did turn a bit inclement and we all finished up sheltering in the Marque
    The cars and drivers on the stand were as follows –
    Joan Fairhurst, - Triumph Vitesse Special Jonathan Eades, Gareth Roberts ,Alan Smith,-Roadster
    Rob Aubrey , Andrew Burgoyne, Richard Herris, -Berlinetta
    Adrian Blease, Doug Billings, Geoff Ganderton, Derek Jones, Dave Kitson John Mulvaney, -Cabrio & Cabrio Hunter
    Danny Nelson, - Makera Kevin Rushton, Michael Turpin, - YKC Roadster
    We managed to cram the 16 cars into the space (although we could have fitted 1 more).Without them we would not have won.
    A special mention for Jonathan who won an individual cup for his Roadster which is very pretty.
    Also we have to thank John Mulvaney for his Marque.
    Attached Files

Re: Tatton Park Classic Car Show 2015

That's brilliant news! Many thanks to the club for a great day out, and the rain held off till the end. And I can confirm after queuing to get in and out of the park that the overheating problems in the Roadster are now resolved with the use of a 3 inch diameter blower from an inboard engined boat hidden behind the front number plate. She didn't miss a beat, well chuffed!
    Gareth.

Comment

Apologies for being the "missing man" on Sunday, unfortunately events got the better of me, but well done all on a great result.
      Jez
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Super day out. Thanks to Derek for organising.

Comment

Well it looks like you did not get the rain we had in North Wales on Sunday - Well done guys !!

Comment

Hi Derek,

Only able to attend on Saturday but great to see all the Marlins on display - congratulations to all concerned. Hope to be able to join you next year in my Berli !

Comment

I was in a bit of a rush on the above but I meant to include the following-

Also I would like to mention the drivers and cars that attended on the Saturday. I know we did not win anything but that was not the point of the weekend. We wanted to show the cars to the public and have some acceptance in the Classic world of the Marlin Cars. I think we may have achieved that!
              The Saturday attendees were – Alan Hogg, Dave Clutterbuck with their Cabrios, Tony Jones with his YKC Julietta and Dave Siddall with his Sportster.
              As a last but only in a list I would like to thank all the Passengers of the all cars and the members that visited the stand over the weekend.
              Derek

Comment

Marlin Owners Club in CKC...

doc028.jpg

Comment

Before anyone points it out, the comments attributed to me were not actually mine but came from the organiser of the show. I wasn't even there, unfortunately, but I did send in the above to CKC because of the great publicity for the club.

Comment

I also heard you had said "free beer" to everyone who you meet at Stoneleigh!

Comment

ok, count me in, and s*d the ferry fare ; - D

Comment

Now, where did I put my wallet...........?

Comment

Working...
                        X