This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Makaira offered for sale

This unique Marlin is being offered for sale. 450TVR engine with just 7000 miles from new. The same with auto box.
    All details and full spec available from Danny Nelson. 07976 836 374 or [email protected] Photos available on request, and part exchanges may be considered.

Re: Marlin Makaira offered for sale

Originally posted by danny.nelson View Post
    This unique Marlin is being offered for sale. 450TVR engine with just 7000 miles from new. The same with auto box.
    All details and full spec available from Danny Nelson. 07976 836 374 or [email protected] Photos available on request, and part exchanges may be considered.
    Hi Danny,

I often think that you (and others) who post messages like these are missing out on a good opportunity to advertise the vehicle, rather than just put a message up about it. Surely a couple of good photo's and a price estimate would stand a better chance of a sale.

Not all of us have budget waiting, or are looking to buy 'now', but if something special comes up and we can see it looks awesome and could be purchased with a quick sale of our current car you may well have a buyer.

all the best,

David.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi Danny, i would like to see some photo,s of this Marlin ,as i don,t know what it is ??

best regards Hasse

Comment

hasse, I think the picture you want is in the 'Cabrio' section of the forum under' Interest in Kit cars' 'Like this.'
        Why not advertise Danny?

Comment

Perhaps Cameron can move it over here, but I do agree, I bought a car 1,500km from me on the strength of a good set of pictures, and copies of relevant documentation.
          My guess is that all Marlin forum users would love to see any pictures, I have to wonder whether Danny's logic is that he does not want to disadvantage those members who are not online, but we don't get pictures of his cars in Pitstop anyway.
          We are not going to see them today regardless, Danny is probably down at the Marlin day, and could sell the car whilst he is there!
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Agree that a price/pics would be nice on all adverts !!!!

Comment

I dont want to see this car leave the UK, and as Steve says I dont want to disadvantage any member . Current photos, full spec, price etc etc are all available to any member or non member, after they make contact.The non member would have to agree to join the MOC if they had the car. That is a condition I make when I find a car. The car is on here in( current colour) in the YKC section gallery. there is also a photo attending Tatton two weeks ago. There is a documented history, and yes the car was at Marlin yesterday. There is no dealer preminum, the car is a bargain, and beimg sold for a fraction of original cost, and could definately be sold on the open market for more than the asking price. Perhaps this may go some way to answer your questions. Any one who is interested in buying or exchanging another Marlin model please contact [email protected] or 07976 836 374.
              Danny.

Comment

Presumably, despite being an MOC member for 17 continuous years, I have disadvantaged myself by living on foreign soil, as do a number of current Marlin Owners, all presumably Club Members, who also use this forum. Have we all been ostracised?

On that basis, I won't be asking for pictures or more details, on this or any other car that Danny is offering for sale now or in the future, as I don't want to offend his sensibilities.

I am always looking for a recent model Marlin, with an IVA, to import to Spain and, horror of horrors, convert to Left hand drive! If anyone knows of a suitable car, please let me know.

I will have to enjoy my SLK convertible, for a few more months, at least it has air con, for those hot dry days with the roof open.
                MOC member since 05/97
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

We're all disadvantaged if there is more detail elsewhere, for example the car was already on sale, which surely defeats one of the reasons for having members post here in the for sale areas, to get an early heads up on a car.

I agree with Danny in some regards, I was frustrated by overseas buyers several times when trying to buy a car, at least twice with the buyer paying the asking price (how dare they!) and I was sad that the car went out of the country.

But then again we live in a global economy now so it's a fact of life that cars will traverse borders and 'foreigners' may well be prepared to pay more than we locals are for a car. We just have to live with it and keep looking/bidding.

On balance I'd say if you are a club member then you should put your fellow members ahead of your personal reasons for participating. So I'd like to see proper listings in the for sale area, details, price and photos, otherwise what is the point.
                  Last edited by David; 06-09-15, 09:56 AM.
                  - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                  - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                  - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                  - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                  - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi Steve,
                    I do not wish to offend you or anyone , and I have no problem with Marlin cars (living outside of the UK or to being converted to left hand drive) However I do respect owners wishes if they decide that they do not want their car to leave the UK, and many owners when deciding to sell prefer that the car remains here. This is one of the reasons why the cars do not appear on the open market, and also one of the reasons why I chose to have (contact) before I give details etc. of these cars. Other owners have a different view and the cars appear on ebay, and pre loved etc etc their choice. However in the case of the Makaira this is my own car which I have had for 18 months. (I had the car brought back from Belgium) I have decided to take on a new project and I have decided to sell my Marlin Makaira. I would rather that this car now stopped in the UK and I would expect you or anyone else to respect my wishes if not to understand . I have also chosen to offer the car within the club rather than to advertise on the open market in an attempt to try to lessen the chances of a dealer buying and exporting, and also because I am looking for a Marlin more suited to wearing a tow bracket to tow my caravan. Reason I mention( consider an exchange) I would also like a club member to have the opportunity to have my car , This is my personal choice,

Comment

Hello Everybody, As a Scot living in Germany where having a kit car is not easy ,both my roadsters came in various conditions ,one well put together that cost GBP 1500 and the other GBP 300 not huge sums of money ,they were available to anybody ,not a lot off interest from others bar me ,when i finish the second one maybe the TUV will say no to the car ! at that point i would have to advertise that back on the island in a finished condition ,but the Marlin would be saved not in a scrapyard or stripped down for parts as many do .

Please lets start selling our Marlins in the club first complete with photos etc ,keeping a Marlin on the road is more important than who owns it.
                      Regards to all
                      Hasse

Comment

Hi David and Dave, hasse
                        I hope when you read my last post that you understand more of my reasons. Most of the club members know of the Makaira It is not up for the highest price, it is not advertised anywhere else (yet) More about who has it and where it goes.

Hasse,
                        I am sorry but I would rather find an owner to keep the car here nothing personal and please do not be offended.
                        However I am happy to send you any details, history, photos for information only if you email me.
                        Danny.

Comment

Hasse I just read your post after posting the above.
                          What you say about selling the cars first in the club is what I am about.
                          Unfortunately when you post on our For Sale it is available to all, not just club members . This is why I have asked for contact.
                          Danny.

Comment

Can't help but think that a little more openness in the original post would not have prevented this debate from happening, but two foreign resident (if you don't count Wales) MOC members are feeling a bit put out.
                            Danny has the ultimate right to make any conditions about the sale of HIS car as he desires, we cannot complain about that.
                            MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Steve ,I thought I had covered it by asking to be contacted for the details etc.
                              I offer my apology to all
                              Danny.

Comment

Working...
                              X