Truro to Roadford Lake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truro to Roadford Lake.

Drove the Hunter from Truro to Roadford lake in Devon, (just off the A30) had a cup of tea then cross country to Holdsworthy and Bude and down the Atlantic highway back home. Approx 120 mile round trip.
    Last edited by Graham Fenwick; 18-10-15, 09:12 PM.

Re: Truro to Roadford Lake.

That reminded me of the Great Ocean road in Victoria, Australia.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      That reminded me of the Great Ocean road in Victoria, Australia.
      Did that, Adelaide to Melbourne. If I was to recommend it I would do in the other way, Melbourne to Adelaide keeping the Ocean on your left, remembering that they drive on the left too, mostly because the road is carved out of the hills and cliffs, so the parking spaces are generally on the ocean side so easier to get into and out of!
      Had one of my best Dinners in Torquay (Melbourne end) at a restaurant called Scorched. If you are ever in the area, give it a try.
      Lots of other places to visit including Woakwine cutting and Kev's Kollection and the giant lobster at Kingston.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

We lived in Melbourne for a couple of years late 90's so that route was a regular drive in either our Rover SD1 V8 or TR7 V8

We also did the drive around the coast and cross country from Melbourne to Sydney, now that's a drive!
        Last edited by David; 19-10-15, 09:03 PM.
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
        X