ANOTHER COX from saltford !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER COX from saltford !!

Hello fellow marlin owners i am 14 years old and have grown up around the love for marlins. my dad is jon.cox and has a marina based marlin roadster running with tuned 1.8 fiat twin cam with 5 speed abarth box which he built when he was young. i have done a lot of work in the past and have done previously with ongoing activity hoping to ad a new engine and if dad lets me put on our 1.8 marina axel i have cleaned and painted which has been sat in the shed for ages.it all started when i was in year 6 when i was only 11 as we had to move house when i was younger and the car was sorn for around 5 years when it was kept at my grandparents during the move so i persuaded dad to get it up and running for my leavers party in primary. i am very up to date on all the sales websites and am looking out for a roadster mk2 in not the best condition but without rust as i would be able to refurbish it and be signed as a second driver to use as my first car seeing as you cant get our other kit which is in pieces at my grandparents registered through IVA. last year at stoneleigh 2015 i met Derek and he seemed pretty happy to see a young marlin enthusiasts. we came down to castle combe kit and classic day earlier in the year and met a very interesting and nice sportster owner. i may be able to relate to some of the more involved members of the club. i hope that i will get to see some of you soon-joe
    Last edited by joe.cox; 17-11-15, 08:59 PM. Reason: aditional info

Re: ANOTHER COX from saltford !!

Welcome Joe!
    Lovely to see such interest from the younger generation!
    See you at Stoneleigh...
    Gareth.

Comment

Welcome Joe, great to see such enthusiasm .
      the skills you'll doubtless acquire along the way will stand you in good stead with prospective employers and life generally. Good on you mate!!!

Comment

Our son David had a landrover when he was 14 which he then re-built and learnt to drive in when 17. This helped him get an apprenticeship at Rolls Royce and then build his own business. I wish you every success in the future.

Comment

Hello Joe, I am pleased to see your enthusiasm has not waned. We chatted at the last Exeter Kit Car Show 2 years ago, when you showed me a picture of you sitting in my Roadster the previous year. I had to wait until I was nearly in my 70's before I was able to have a "Fun" car. Keep up the good work. David.

Comment

Working...
          X