The Shetlands Clasic Motor Show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shetlands Clasic Motor Show.

Hi everyone. I attended this show in2014. It was a memorable event and was supposed to be one of my bucket list trips. I wrote it all up for entry in to Pitstop last year. My Berli was "August" in this years calendar atop the huge cliffs at Esha Ness in North Shetland. The details of the 2016 show have just been published and I'm very tempted to have another visit. I don't think I'll do the entire Lizard - Land's End - John 'O Groats - Muckle Flugga again this time, just a leisurely run from Newquay to Aberdeen then on to the show in Lerwick. The ferry takes about 14 hours from Aberdeen and is a bit pricey but there are substantial discounts for show attendees. Show guides, ferry data and entry forms can be requested at http://www.shetland.org/things/event...sic-motor-show . Go on, you know you want to go!!
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Re: The Shetlands Clasic Motor Show.

Yippee! After yet another exhaust system change Moll and I had a fast run from Newquay to Aberdeen in the early hours of Tuesday. We joined up with a large number of classics on the ferry. The voyage went by the clock and I,m now chilling out in my B&B at Tingwall after the 700 mile non-stop drive. (OK, four fuel stops on the way). No other Marlins here yet.

Comment

Fair play to you Dane, respect,
      Danny

Comment

Originally posted by danny_nelson View Post
        Fair play to you Dane, respect,
        Danny
        I'll second that!
        Highly impressive Dane
        Mike

Comment

Can't wait for the next write-up. I'm up for the 2018 one if you go again!
          Looking forward to some exhaust pics as well...

Dave

Comment

Hi all. Made it home without a hitch. 674 miles from Aberdeen to Indian Queens in 12 hours including 4 fuel stops. I'm catching up with a myriad of "management" inspired PLJs at home but will get a longer report out soon with photos.

Comment

What time of day do you travel? Seems to take us about 6 hours to get to Falmouth from Ashbourne! Look forward to hearing about your trip. regards Liz

Comment

Working...
              X