Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flasher rate

Message originally posted by: Keith Howell
    When I took my Roadster for its very first MOT it failed because the flasher rate was too fast. I have used 4w bulbs in the wing pods and the circuitry saw it as a 'light blown' situation (because the 2 normal lamps were no longer in circuit). I persuaded the garage to give me 2 bulb holders and I bought 2 normal flasher bulbs, broke into the circuitry in the engine bay and fixed it there and then. I got my MOT pass and we enjoyed the thought of my engine bay flashing at night every time I used the indicators. I am almost (not quite) ashamed to say that was 10 years ago and I have never bothered to fix it. So after all that explanation, what is the correct solution? Someone did suggest something at a function once but when I got home I had forgotten it (Margaret says that as I get older my brain seems only to work like the flashers - occasionally on, occasioaally off!)

Re: Flasher rate

Message originally posted by: Don
    Use a "solid state" flasher of the type used by Ford (Halfords ?8) they wire in exactly the same, except that there is an extra terminal to connect to ground. These flashers flash at the correct rate no matter what.

Comment

Re: Flasher rate

Here Here,When my some was a mechanic albeit a BL one theyhad a car come in with the same fault ie flashers going mad, but only on one side.warning light not working but the car had the correct flasher for the model. Then someone noticed the car not fitted with side repeaters and no provision for them.The car had at some time had two new front wings so the body shop had just left the bulb units dangleling inside the arch liner. Neadless to say the fault was because one of the bulbs had finally blown.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
      X