Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marina van Rear axel Urgently Required (Please help reward offered !!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina van Rear axel Urgently Required (Please help reward offered !!)

I first saw a sporting trial ( the Allan) in progress when I was about eight years old and said to myself when I grow up I'm going to do that ! Over 35 years has passed I have just returned from France with a long wheelbase Marlin ( I am 6 ft 7ins tall so it had to be the lwb) it was a real struggle to find one. Like every one I need a van axel, I am beginning to accept I'm am not going to be trialling this season and really enjoyed helping out at the Allan with my Landrover last weekend but want to be competing. Look in your lock ups, talk to your friends. I fact do what ever, but please help me find an axel ??? Cheers Gavin 07785231522

Re: Marina van Rear axel Urgently Required (Please help reward offered !!)

Just for clarification, I assume you are after a 4.55 ratio axle. Marina Vans were fitted with two different 4.55 differentials, the standard style axle fitted to all Saloons, Estates and 7cwt Vans, and the older style diff from the 10cwt Vans and Pickups.
    I expect it is the latter that you are looking for.
    The 4.55 10cwt diffs are rare now, though they do appear on eBay for time to time.

Have you tried posting on the Morris Marina Forum?
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Not really familiar with Marina bits but is this what you are looking for? John Hammill is offering for sale components from his Marlin Roadster under "Roadster Spares"

Marina rear axle 3.63:1 ratio.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?6191-Roadster-Spares
      YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
        Just for clarification, I assume you are after a 4.55 ratio axle. Marina Vans were fitted with two different 4.55 differentials, the standard style axle fitted to all Saloons, Estates and 7cwt Vans, and the older style diff from the 10cwt Vans and Pickups.
        I expect it is the latter that you are looking for.
        The 4.55 10cwt diffs are rare now, though they do appear on eBay for time to time.

Have you tried posting on the Morris Marina Forum?
        thanks for taking the time to respond, it's the 10cwt one I am after cheers Gavin

Comment

That will be the car one but thanks for getting back, I will give him a ring anyway and see if he knows anyone else that might have one as he has been in to trialling the marlins cheers gavin

Comment

Hi Gavin,
            Not sure whether you have found an axle yet but I saw this on eBay and thought of you. Don't know whether this is the correct van either as he does not say what model it is but you never know your luck......

Cheers
            Jon.
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

I am not sure that the seller knows what he has there, but it certainly looks to be a major project to restore and may end up as a collection of parts, amongst them a rear axle.
              If it's what the OP is looking for, I hope the remaining parts find a good home and don't end up with a scrap man.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

I am told its a 10 Cwt van, so the Trials sought after axle, but buyer beware as always.
                MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Big thanks to everybody that responded. I have given up on converting my lovely Marlin as these axels genuinely are seemingly as rare as hens teeth. The story doesn't end there as to today I have bought another one with the fabled axle just needs an engine rebuild !!! Hoping to have it nailed for the next trials season cheeeeeers

Comment

Working...
                  X