The Alan Davies Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Alan Davies Archive

Alan built and then drove EKA 799Y for many years, visiting many venues and Club meets. He has recently sent the Club his collection of photographs from his early Marlin days, and John (Mulvaney), Ben (Caswell) and I have had great delight in sorting through them and trying to date and place all the venues.

The Club’s “Annual Meetings” started at the Green Man, Bishops Stortford, and were moved later to Meriden in Warwickshire, before Stoneleigh became the AGM venue . There are sets of pictures from all of these, and also Newark, Capesthorne, and Fleetwood.
    Apart from the obvious “how we looked in those days” thoughts, there are some great car shots.

Thanks to these we have identified at least 8 Roadsters and 3 Berlis which were not already in our records – and Ben particularly is delighted to see so many Triumph based cars which are new to him.

Here are a few general pictures which give a taste of how it was.

Predictably I need to finish with an appeal to all and specifically our “longer term” members :

Please check your cupboards, drawers, and filing systems. I am sure many of you have photographs taken years ago which would be of great interest to current members and of use to the archive.
    My details are in Pitstop, please get in touch soon.

PS some of you may recognise your cars, if you would like copies of the photos please let me know.
    Attached Files

Re: The Alan Davies Archive

Wow, and there's PKK 989M second from left (Green Man 1985, I think it was June?) in the original black fibreglass and alloy. I did paint it a dark Ford blue.

Made my day, thanks guys.

edit: Actually that maybe dark blue as the Dolomite Sprint wheels are on it and I think that happened at the same time. Anyway, good to see these old pics.
    Last edited by David; 07-01-16, 01:16 PM.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Here's a few more - this was Capesthorne Hall, the Cheshire Kit Car Show, in 1984
      Attached Files

Comment

Noticed the average age of the interested onlookers is considerably younger than the spectators at todays get-togethers. David.

Comment

Probably the same bodies attending!! ; - ))

Comment

Alan Davies's Marlin EKA 799Y is alive and well and lives in Snowdonia !!!

Comment

Wonderful to see my car LTC160K yellow marina based roadster at capesthorne are there any shots of the cars at different angles .

Comment

There's mine - MVU - before it received it's pale blue paint job.

Comment

Thackery - sorry, there no other pics of LTC, I have already sent you all that we have

Comment

Thank you DC slowly gathering all the parts needed to rebuild her still not sure whether to try and obtain some original wings or carry on with cycle wings.

Comment

Did anybody go to Capesthorne on 15th of July '23?

Comment

Working...
                      X