Blatting with the SKCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blatting with the SKCC

Went out for an 80 mile run down to Loomies cafe near Petersfield with a couple of the guys from the SKCC. It was a bit wet under foot but good fun I was glad I had the roof up when I hit a particularly large puddle!

23929867909_e5818aeace_b.jpg

23929867139_52d7994343_b.jpg
    Attached Files
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Re: Blatting with the SKCC

I went out for a blast in the Marlin today as well, just 20 minutes round the lanes, *loody cold!
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Cars in a biker hangout - whatever next - don't try it in the summer (although I have seen the odd brave sole turn up in a special car). Enjoyed seeing the pictures of my biking haunt. When I am back in UK permanently from about mid this year maybe I can join you on a run out (in my Marlin), as I love the roads around there.

Comment

Yes, it was cold so I wrapped up warm and it's good to have a heater

There was a fair bit of interest and it was good to share notes on the routes with the bikers. You'll have to sign up to the SKCC wh you get back Alan, it's free and there are runs going on most weekends.
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Having the Cabrio complete with electric windows makes cold runs easier, I have been driving mine during winter including over Xmas when I was back for a few weeks . I just checked out the SKCC web site as had not come a cross it (sheltered life) will have to sign up on my return as you say. I think the Meon Valley should be designated an area outstanding natural driving beauty!

Comment

Working...
          X