Gearstick for a Type 9 gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearstick for a Type 9 gearbox

The previous owner of my Cabrio, in his wisdom, saw fit to take a hacksaw to the original gearstick followed by slapping on some weird T-bar extension, contraption, whatever its called.

All I know is that is an abomination and I wish to revert to something more original; OK I may bend it a bit for clearance and might even go so far as to hack off a bit myself but you get my drift.

So if anyone has a spare that they are prepared to move on, please let me know.

Condition doesn't have to be pristine, I'm happy to tart something up if necessary.

Ta
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Re: Gearstick for a Type 9 gearbox

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
    The previous owner of my Cabrio, in his wisdom, saw fit to take a hacksaw to the original gearstick followed by slapping on some weird T-bar extension, contraption, whatever its called.

All I know is that is an abomination and I wish to revert to something more original; OK I may bend it a bit for clearance and might even go so far as to hack off a bit myself but you get my drift.

So if anyone has a spare that they are prepared to move on, please let me know.

Condition doesn't have to be pristine, I'm happy to tart something up if necessary.

Ta
    Quickshift one available on eBay

Item number 311541265766

Adrian

Comment

I have a shortened type nine gear shift lever ! That I bought for mine but didn't use .

Comment

How short/long are we talking here? Can you give a rough idea of stick length? I had been considering a Caterham 8" bent one (ha ha till I saw the price) and unfortunately that one was Quaife specific. But quite happy to buy a straight one and tweak it over a bit.
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
          How short/long are we talking here? Can you give a rough idea of stick length? I had been considering a Caterham 8" bent one (ha ha till I saw the price) and unfortunately that one was Quaife specific. But quite happy to buy a straight one and tweak it over a bit.
          I will look in my man shed tomorrow and send you details .

Comment

Great, thanks for that.

Comment

If that's no good I've got a stock one you can have, but it'll take some tarting up though ;-)
              Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

This is it a total of 7" from the base plate with the alloy gear knob fitted and bent back towards the driver the perfect angle and size for my car .l also fitted a new plastic bush that fits in the fork as this wears and causes play in the gear change .
                available on EBay for a few pounds .
                For some reason the site will not allow me to add any pictures .

Comment

Yes, definitely interested. How much are you looking for it? Incl postage too if possible, I live in Rugby to give you an idea of where it needs to go post wise.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                    If that's no good I've got a stock one you can have, but it'll take some tarting up though ;-)
                    Thanks for the offer Andy, appreciated.

Comment

20160207_120648.jpg20160207_120810.jpg
                      Pictures at last

Comment

Ah, confirms its just what I'm after.

Let me know what you want for it and possibly cost of posting it, let me know where you're based and I can have a look at that if you want.

Thanks for the piccies, looks like it would present nice (designer term... ha ha ha ha) in the car.

Comment

image.jpegimage.jpeg
                          Sorry but now I'm back logged in properly I can practice putting photos on .

Comment

PM sent re posting .etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X