Broke everything I touched :O(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke everything I touched :O(

Thought I would do a nice easy job today and fill up with coolant, wrong!!!!!!!!!

Step 1; Remove bleed screw from water pump and fill with coolant until it comes out of hole. Replace bleed screw and snap off head with barely a touch.

Check

Step 2; Locate and modify new screw.

Check

Step 3; Snap off head of large inlet manifold bleed screw, again with barely a touch.

Check

Step 4: Try to remove broken piece with stud removal tool and crack inlet manifold.

Check

Step 5; Return to wife on couch with tail between legs and answer the "What took you so long" question.

Check

Step 6; Watch Scotland get beaten.

Check.

Step 7; Spend the rest of the evening on laptop trying to locate all the broken parts and lamenting how much it's all going to cost.

Ongoing.

Does brass go brittle with age???????
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Re: Broke everything I touched :O(

We've all been there, "keep calm and carry on"...
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Where do you think the phrase "brassed-off" comes from
      Most of us have probably had similar experiences.
      I still have 1 back-plate securing bolt that won't tighten fully due to the original stud shearing in the block and the removal tool breaking in-situ; attempts to drill through the remains of the (hardened steel) tool ended up drifting several mm off-centre & re-tapping was only partially successful...thankfully someone invented stud-lock...and there are 5 other studs.
      No comfort I know, especially coming on top of the rugby results..!
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Step 8; Confirm earlier thought that these old Alfa parts are rocking horse doo doo.

Check

At least we got beaten fair and square this time and not on some dodgy ref decision
        Stumbling around in the dark
        Marina based SWB roadster
        Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Well there was at least one good point to the days events

From an Englishman (mind you I was worried throughout)

Comment

Working...
          X