Radiator - Roadster - New - Viva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator - Roadster - New - Viva

Saw this on eBay and thought it might help someone.....

Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Re: Radiator - Roadster - New - Viva

Looks a possibility for a 1.3 car but not really big enough for a 1.8.
    It may be that this is one of the replacement Serck radiators that are known to be less efficient than the original Vauxhall items, so it will in all likelihood need rebuilding with an extra core anyway.
    For £15 to £20 more, you could buy a high flow aluminium Honda Civic radiator. Infact any radiator with greater than 0.12m squared finned area, preferably three rowed, should do the job.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Re: Radiator - Roadster - New - Viva

This will do the trick... click... £42 brand new...but the advantage of a viva rad is that it will likely be a direct replacement. The Honda will have to have a bit of reshuffling with pipework and if you do it in silicone hose and a couple of alloy couplers it will add a few bob on too. I can recommend a Honda rad for a 1.8 from experience its not too onerous a job to do. - whip off the headlight bar (doesnt have to be removed, just drop it down), take of the bonnet. remove the radiator cowl, drain off the old coolant, remove cheek pieces (if fitted) from the chassis and pull the rad.
      Replacement with a Honda rad means making up a couple of new mounting brackets, fettling a few hoses, checking the fan sensor hasnt been forgotten, install a non-valved rad cap and site a remote filler/ expansion tank. Then reverse the steps above. Dont forget to take the opportunity to improve the electric fan whilst in there too.
      I think you can do it comfortably in a weekend. But yes, the viva rad would be a simple replacement and worth having exp for a 1.3.

Comment

Working...
      X