This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new thread about a clutch arm !

Failed, see pic ! Peter's Dolomite one was just too big - so I'm back in the market for one PLEASE !
    Attached Files

Re: A new thread about a clutch arm !

Interesting. We're the springs different dimensions too?
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
      Failed, see pic ! Peter's Dolomite one was just too big - so I'm back in the market for one PLEASE !
      As a possible fix to get you mobile could you make a couple of cuts at 45 degrees, press the ears together, then weld up? Peter.

Comment

Or a the dolomite uses the same gearbox style, try a dolomite thrust bearing carrier?
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Good thoughts guys, thanks. All ideas being examined

Comment

You could swap the springs its only a rivet

Comment

This time the job is definitely done. Peter Bailey found me a correct part, which is now fitted, many thanks (again) Peter.

On the previous thread a NOS one was found on ebay USA, it's now arrived (still in in it's original BL blue box) and is safe in my spares holding.

SG : FWIW I haven't compared sizes of Dolomite and Marina release bearings and sleeves.

Thanks again to all. Thread closed

Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
              X