I think my Roadster may have to Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my Roadster may have to Go!

Sigh. When i bought my roadster as a project i was working very little. And within a few months things picked up and now Im doing 50-60 hours per week. Today i realized that i hadn't even cracked open my notebook in months and well, long story short I think its a crying shame to see a car like the roadster parked up and not ready to rock.

So two choices
    1. Find someone to do the work for me - unlikely since labour aint cheap and these cars are a passion project
    2. Find someone who wants a roadster, has the time to get it in the shape it deserves to be in and agree a fair price.

I'll ramble on below a bit and if anyone wants to discuss you can get in touch either in this thread, via PM or mobile - 07505 115 372

Truly this is depressing, but i want to see that car given some love.

The car itself has a ford pinto 1.8 engine , with a type 9 gearbox. I had a new propshaft made up for it last year which is lovely, and fits like a glove! Currently its not hooked up to fuel etc but the last time it had fuel it ran with no odd noises and the oil pressure light was out straight away and stayed out for a few seconds after shut down so the bottom end seems sound but now needs vacuum pipes etc sorting out . I popped the rocker off to check it out and the spray bar looks new. It has a sierra pedal box and dual circuit brake master cylinder on it . The clutch is connected and working. The front calipers have been rebuilt and there are new cylinders on the rear. There are new track rod ends on, poly bushes on the front radius arms and shocks etc. The underside has all been cleaned up and protected. All four corners are in good condition as is the spare.

The hood and side windows are new, never fitted, still with the paper on the plastics! Fasteners are there as well. brand new cover, although in the erong colour for top down driving.

I bought a new Rebel wiring kit for it so thats there as well to bring the electrics up to scratch.

My plan was to bring the interior up to date as well so I got new (ish) seats and headrests from a triumph spitfire(!), new 3 point inertia seat belts, a half depth radio / mp3 player and speakers, new gearknob, pedals, a flat bottomed 13 inch steering wheel, horn and an electronic central console. And crystal + chrome side repeaters & new LED rear brake/indicators. Stalks were being done by wiring in a Landrover Discovery stalk (which god help me took hours to figure out but i did and labelled everything very carefully).

Heck, I even printed off and laminated my copy of the build manual. Basically I wasn't half-assing this. The pictures below arent great but give an idea of where i am...

IMAG0381.jpgIMAG0382.jpgIMAG0383.jpgIMAG0384.jpgIMAG0385.jpgIMAG0386.jpgIMAG0387.jpgIMAG0388.jpgIMAG0389.jpgIMAG0390.jpgIMAG0391.jpgIMAG0392.jpgIMAG0393.jpgIMAG0394.jpgIMAG0395.jpgIMAG0396.jpgIMAG0397.jpgIMAG0398.jpgIMAG0399.jpgIMAG0400.jpgIMAG0401.jpgIMAG0402.jpgIMAG0403.jpgIMAG0404.jpgIMAG0405.jpgIMAG0406.jpgIMAG0407.jpgIMAG0408.jpgIMAG0409.jpgIMAG0410.jpgIMAG0411.jpgIMAG0412.jpgIMAG0413.jpgIMAG0414.jpgIMAG0415.jpgIMAG0416.jpgIMAG0417.jpg

Re: I think my Roadster may have to Go!

What a shame to sell it. If I didn't need the money I would garage it until I had the time to carry on. I have had a Landrover and kit car sat for a year each while working away You obviously have a lot of time and money invested that you probably won't get back. Good luck whatever you do. By the way is it a new build or a rebuild of a registered car?
    HDave
    Last edited by HairyDave; 12-03-16, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X