Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshire Weekend 30-31 July

Sat 30th to Sun 31st July

The 3rd (occasional) Yorkshire weekend will take place on the last weekend of July. This time we will be based at the eastern end of the Dales, using Studfold campsite at Lofthouse in Nidderdale. Expect a decent run one day and a shorter run with a visit to a place of interest on the other day. Make a longer weekend of it if you wish, we probably will. Pitches cost £17 (+£3 hookup) per night (2 adults) for tent, caravan or motorhome. As this is high season, we cannot reserve a block of pitches, but if you ring them up and say you are with the Marlin Owners Club they will try to put us together. The sooner you decide the better! Ask to be put on pitches 12 to 24 if possible. Please book direct with Studfold, or find a local B&B, and also let us know you are coming, so we know what we are dealing with. Details www.studfold.com/caravan-and-camping-park (01423 755084) and [email protected] - more information nearer the time in Pitstop and on the website.

Re: Yorkshire Weekend 30-31 July

Sounds great. Will try and book in today.

Comment

Anyone who has sent an online booking form to Studfold up to press, will need to resend it. A website problem has resulted in these being lost in the ether. You may also have experienced difficulty getting on their website. Hopefully this is all sorted now. Apologies for any inconvenience!

Comment

Response has been a bit slow, judging from the above, although a few people have said they will try to attend. I realise there are other calls on time, and it may clash with main holidays. However, the campsite is taking bookings from other quarters, and if you delay too long either you won't get in or you won't be grouped with the rest of us. Can I urge interested parties to book as soon as possible, and let us know they are coming so we can investigate pub meals and so on. Thanks - Dave & Caroline.

Comment

Hi Dave, Not back from hols until Sat, so can only make the Sunday. Look forward to it.
          Steve Lilley

Comment

Hi Dave, Can you tell me roughly what time on Sunday morning you will be setting off for the run?
            Thanks
            Steve.

Comment

Hi Steve
              I hadn't forgotten you! If you can be at the campsite by 10 that should be fine. May not leave till a bit later, but you can have time to say hello to everyone. Please note that there is a 40's weekend taking place in Pateley Bridge so it could be busy there. We only discovered this at the weekend - I suggest approaching on the B6265 from Grassington direction (rather than from Ripon) , then you can turn left towards Lofthouse. Alternatively, it may be worth considering the road from Masham to avoid PB all together.

For everyone else, arriving on Thursday or Friday, it should be ok getting through PB (the event is just on Sat/Sun). The campsite is just beyond Lofthouse on the road towards Stean. As the planned long run goes out through PB, I think it will be best to do that on Friday. Saturday can be a lazy day (maybe go to PB for the 40's) and we can get back for the relatively early evening meal. Sunday we planned a run to either the Wensleydale railway or Masham (two breweries!) followed by Jervaulx Abbey. Or whatever you fancy!!!

Look forward to seeing you all.
              Dave & Caroline & Ringo

Comment

Hi Dave, Thanks for the info. Look forward to it.
                Steve

Comment

Great to see you all in Yorkshire - great scenery and great company. Hope Richard/Pat & Ben got back safely without further incident. Let us know how the repairs are progressing! We've caught up with the washing and so on, ready for Rebellion Festival tomorrow. No point taking the Marlin though, for 4 days of music and beer! See most of you at Tatton or Hereford. Dave & Caroline & Ringo.

Comment

Working...
                  X