front suspension uprights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front suspension uprights

Wanted a pair of front suspension uprights , seem to have bent one on the landsend trial!! Ideally i need the later one s from an Ital as im reliably in formed they are stronger . thanks

Re: front suspension uprights

There seem to be a few people about who are finding twisted or distorted suspension components on their cars just recently.
    That's the first I have heard that the Ital's had stronger uprights.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Lurking in my garage I have a brand new genuine BL nearside suspension upright still wrapped in wax paper and boxed. I bought it at considerable expense in about 1987 but have never fitted it because it appears to be shorter overall than the MKII Marina ones from the donor car. Otherwise it appears to be the same.
      Is this perhaps for an Ital ? Were the struts shorter for the Ital ?
      Last edited by KENGILLOTT41; 02-04-16, 04:04 PM.

Comment

More information here or there.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
        X