X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP. Cabrio SWB Rover V8

Message originally posted by: Gary Ansell
    Does anyone within 75 mile radius of South Lincs
    have a finished Cabrio SWB Rover V8 that i can look at to get reference/ideas.
    Much Appreciated.

Re: HELP. Cabrio SWB Rover V8

Hi Gary
    One fault remaining on mine before I can retake the SVA, so you could say it is finished! I might be close enough, or I intend to be at Stoneleigh, though probably it will not be painted. I've made a few mods, some I would not attempt again, but you are welcome to have a look.
    Dave Kitson

Comment

Message originally posted by: Mike Garner
      Gary
      I have just bought a Cabrio - maybe the last marlin one - and I live locally near Gosberton.I am putting a BMW 2.5 in mine, but I would love to come and have alook at how you are getting on. My biggest concern is mating the sierra electrics with the BMW engine management. You must have a similar issue mating up to the Rover system.

If you want to swap notes on the basic build give me a call on 01775 680450
      Regards
      Mike Garner

Comment

Hi Gary,
        I have built a SWB Cabrio with a Rover V8, and can wholeheartedly recommend it.It has been on the road for 3 years now, and i just cant get enough of it!I live in Devon, but am more than happy to discuss, send photos or if you holiday this way call in and have a look!
        More than happy to help if i can.
        Regards Mike.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Gary Ansell
          Gentlemen,many thanks for your replies. If i can ever get to Devon or Bradford i will endeavour to make contact.
          Mike in Gosberton i would like to swap notes on build. I have left a message on the number given. If you would like to discuss i am on 01406 425970.
          Thank You all. KR"s Gary

Comment

Message originally posted by: Toby Dobson
            Sorry to be late - haven't been in Forum recently. My Cabrio was the first chassis sold by Paul Moorhouse and was specifically made for the Rover V.8 option. Apart from welding the Sierra U.J. on to the Rover prop. shaft (done in Plymouth by P.M. himself) I don't recall any build difficulties. Have you any specific questions - you are welcome to come and see mine, if it is within range. I am eight miles noth of Bedford.

Comment

Working...
            X