Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! new to this

Message originally posted by: ainsley
    ive only recently discovered the marlin roadster. now i want one. id really appreciate some advice on the money i need to spend to buy a decent example i.e. one i can use every day. im looking at ?1500. is that realistic? also which running gear should i be looking for, the marina based examples seem most common.

Re: help! new to this

Ainsley,
    You may be a little short at ?1500 for a good example for everyday use unless you're prepared to do some work.?2000-2500 is more realistic in my opinion and bear in mind that prices tend to rise in the spring.My son and I purchased one off e-bay for ?2200,marina based but with Ford Pinto and 5 speed box installed,it had sat in owners/builders garage for 5 years having only done 3000 miles since completion and was like brand new,so there are bargains out there.You might want to contact Lee Hunter in the Carlisle area for advice as he has a superb example and is well versed in Marlin roadsters.Try the membership secretary Tim Hawkesworth for Lee's details.Good luck in you're search!

Comment

Sorry for Carlisle read Penrith

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (Editor, MOC)
        Lee visits the Forum and you can get hold of him at leezr160(at)hotmail.com

Comment

Message originally posted by: Lee
          Hi Ainsley
          You are quite welcome to come and have a look at my car or contact me on the above Email ID if I can give any advice or be of any help.
          Lee

Comment

Message originally posted by: ainsley
            thanks for your help everyone. still trying to sell my current car. then ill be buying myself a roadster. cant wait.

Comment

Working...
            X