Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs is here

Springs is here!

Well the cabrio just got new shock absorbers because the MOT guy was nice enough to point out a leaking one. I think they were about 15 years old so they've done ok. The old ones were adjustable height and damping Avos so I just got an identical pair 9 inch closed 14 open.

That also led to some new springs because the original ones are 15 years old, rusty and I had no idea what the specifications were. Length was all I really had and it annoyed me not having any idea. The forum suggested anything from about 100lbs spring rate to 300lbs were fitter originally and about 9 inches so I got some 275lb 9 inch springs from merlin.

A couple of hours effort later and it all feels great. I was quite impressed by how easy it all was. Finding which parts to get was the hardest part.

Finally, we put some new light units on. The chap who built ours put LHD lights on and it was about time we got proper RHD ones. Unfortunately we have Cibbie Oscars which are 6 inch units and none of the normal Kit car suppliers seemed to know anything about them (except that they were foreign hence being between the standard UK sizes). Eventually we found that you can still get new ones from holden.co.uk. 5 minutes work and it looks much better. No more tape stopping the light from blinding other drivers.
Working...
X