Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's dead I tell you, dead.

Hi everyone,

It's a lovely day over here in N Wales, Wrexham ish, and after a hot and bothered day in work I came home and did a spot of pottering, after tea I wandered into the garage and had a sudden urge to get out in the Marlin, I flung open the doors, jumped in the old car, turned the key, then thought my hearing had finally packed in, not a sound, nothing at all, not enough power to light an LED Fairy light, but I turned the key several more times in utter disbelief, it's flippin dead, first time ever, I'm not sure why but I think I might have left the ignition on, so that was the end of that little escapade, anyhow I attached the battery to the charger and removed the front wheels once I'd jacked the car up of course, I then removed the rather grotty front shocks only to discover that not only are they fine but that they are also Spax adjustables, so I cleaned them up and refitted them ( I was tempted to paint them but never had the will power ) So I've just got the steering column bush / bushes to replace ( One day ) I also pushed the boat out and bought a proper screw into place Chrome rear view mirror which I fitted later on I was getting fed up of the sucker type mirror falling off into my lap every time I hit a Pothole.

Re: It's dead I tell you, dead.

MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thanks Steve, it's dead Jim ! I've had it on charge for a while but it looks irrecoverable but I'll put my tester to it tomorrow, our MR2 battery dropped dead last week and is actually the same size as the Marlin, £55.00 at Halfords.

Comment

it sounds like Mulder & skulley could be interested ?

Comment

Checked the battery this morning after trickle charging it and its deceased, Kaput, nada. 1.5 volts is all I got from it, of all the batteries I've replaced over the years, I've never had one die so suddenly and totally, anyhow I've a new one on order from Ebay, 4 year warranty etc £35.00 delivered, £20.00 cheaper than Halfords.

Comment

Reminds me of the time I was launching my boat from the beach in Anglesey using my Austin Montego (remember them?) and when I came to move the car back up the beach, it wouldn't start. No lights, radio, interior light, nowt.
            Headless chicken time as tide was coming in and finally got someone to tow car and empty trailer just as water was lapping at the wheels.
            One minute the battery was fine, the next, not a volt.
            Gareth.

Comment

Working...
            X