Rover V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover V8

Apologies if this subject has already been covered before but I'm trying to find out if its possible to fit the Rover V8 into a SWB Roadster? From what I've read so far it seems that a few people have successfully fitted the V8 in to the LWB but I've not heard of anyone fitting it into the SWB. Any info on the subject will be gratefully received! - Simon

Re: Rover V8

Simon,
    Yes it is possible. The SWB and LWB have the same size engine bay. The extra length was added to the cockpit area. It is also an easier job if your car has Triumph front suspension as the steering rack is in a better position allowing you to fit the engine slightly further forward. There is also a clearance issue with the brake servo on Marina based cars which is easily overcome by using a Triumph pedal box arrangement. There are many other issues to consider however like rear axle choice and braking system. Certainly not impossible though, many have suceeded and Marlin did produce a V8 kit many years ago.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Simon,
      See thread by Stefan posted 2nd December '04

Comment

Thanks very much for info and thread details - nice to know that the V8 fits in either (even if it is more difficult in the Marina based cars). I'm currently on the lookout for a roadstar for the above project and would therefore be pleased to hear from anyone wanting to sell. I'm on a limited budget so really looking for a car that's in need of a complete overhaul/restoration (or at least alot of TLC!).

Comment

Message originally posted by: Egbert
          I know someone who has a nice stainless steel exhaust manifold which has been in a marlin. I have some adapted side panels and I am looking for the original ones. Can we help eachother?

Comment

Working...
          X