PROJECT - Marlin Kit Car Fiat Twin Cam Engine Spares Or Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT - Marlin Kit Car Fiat Twin Cam Engine Spares Or Repairs

Not sure if this has been listed on eBay or here before. I sort of recognise it but don't recall from where.

Anyway, Triumph based with Fiat engine for very brave person!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marlin-Kit...-/131819104457
    Attached Files
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: PROJECT - Marlin Kit Car Fiat Twin Cam Engine Spares Or Repairs

I bet that ran well in it's day, I wish I had the room to house it, I could do with a little project ! lol.

Comment

Postage is £2-80 ...engine/gearbox must be worth £500 ???

Comment

May not post to Spain!
        The shame is that it's worth very little more than a bundle of spare parts.
        No V5 mentioned so it's unlikely to be restored back to road use.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...er-for-rebuild that was the car that came with the house and the panels were for sale separately. There was also another engine if I recall.
          Last edited by b_caswell; 22-05-16, 02:57 PM.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

This is the "basket case" recently sold from Carlisle area.

It used to belong to John Wall, who was Cheltenham area organiser for the MOC in the early 80s - despite earlier thoughts I reckon it must have been on
            the road, but no paperwork or evidence trail to point to a registration number

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
              http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...er-for-rebuild that was the car that came with the house and the panels were for sale separately. There was also another engine if I recall.
              Ah yes, that's were I recall it from. Thanks Ben.
              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
              X