Romero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romero

I am having to make some adjustments in life and as a result need to move my Romero kit on. For those who don't know, the Romero was a Roadster variant which was designed to pass the SVA test, it has a smoother snout and conventionally hinged bonnet outwardly but under the skin things are quite different. The chassis is the same sort of thing in that it is a heavy duty ladder frame but with steel floor pans and a modified bulkhead to take Sierra steering and braking gear.
    The suspension is all independent with avo coil over shocks and a five link de-dion set up. It takes a sierra diff with drive shafts running to outboard sierra brakes. Front end is also coil overs and uses a modified sierra set up. Split circuit brakes with remote servo do the stopping.
    This one has the ford 2.0 dohc I4 twin cam engine making about 125 bhp from an XR4i with its 2wd MT75 five speed gearbox joined to the standard diff by a bespoke professionally made prop shaft from Dave Mac. It has a theoretical 0-60 of under 5.8 seonds!
    The doors vary slightly in that they have double latching bear claw type latches as required by IVA. This kit is almost complete. The wiring is in and works, the engine complete with EECiv EFi runs well and the gearbox is sweet. The dials are in and all work. Everything is done but because I haven't worked on it for a couple of years it will need the brakes checking through obviously and a few checks made to ensure compliance with the latest IVA specs. It hasn't been prepped for paint as yet and really only requires the interior finishing and a few finishing items; I have sourced a screen from Danny N and the missing grille surround so there are no parts needed (except carpets and door cards and weather gear). Any other parts you decide to renew, change or whatever can be sourced from Danny including a complete spare set of pre-painted panels with the Julietta wings (fuller to enclose the wheel arches).
    This car left the factory WITHOUT a chassis number. You can fit standard roadster panels to it with little modification (a la YKC Roadster).
    A rare opportunity to get a rare Marlin/YKC model which can pass IVA should you wish to put it through the test.
    Happy to discuss it with anyone via email or phone (contact details in pitstop).
    And how much am I asking? well, make me an offer, she has to go and I would rather she went to someone who may make something out of her. The engine and box and diff alone are worth £300 but if you want to do a deal without them I am happy to discuss.
    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 31-05-16, 07:59 PM.

Re: Romero

bump

Comment

Working...
    X