World's End and back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's End and back!

Just been out for a drive in the Roadster, via the Horseshoe Pass for lunch at the Ponderosa and on to Worlds End (yes, it is an actual place, by Llangollen), then over the moors, (my, that road's so bumpy now), then back to Chester via Bwlchgwyn, (suppost to be the highest village in North Wales, I think), and Rossett.
    Lots of interest from passing motorists.
    The car was brilliant. Loved it!
    Then tomorrow, I'm off to Anglesey in the Roadster, with the dog, for a few days, (sailing, fishing, walking) going the pretty way over the moors, through the mountains, avoiding the A55 as much as possible.
    What could possibly go wrong.....?
    Gareth.

Re: World's End and back!

There is a Worlds End pub in West Sussex and a village a few miles away.
    Wasnt the Ponderosa the name of Ken Boon's small holding, as in the TV series, Boon, just outside B'ham.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
      Just been out for a drive in the Roadster, via the Horseshoe Pass for lunch at the Ponderosa and on to Worlds End (yes, it is an actual place, by Llangollen), then over the moors, (my, that road's so bumpy now), then back to Chester via Bwlchgwyn, (suppost to be the highest village in North Wales, I think), and Rossett.
      Lots of interest from passing motorists.
      The car was brilliant. Loved it!
      Then tomorrow, I'm off to Anglesey in the Roadster, with the dog, for a few days, (sailing, fishing, walking) going the pretty way over the moors, through the mountains, avoiding the A55 as much as possible.
      What could possibly go wrong.....?
      Gareth.
      Spoke too soon!
      Amazing thunder storms and torrential rain on two consecutive nights, and on the way home, the ignition light stays on below 40mph. So I kept above 40, which was interesting through the mountains...good fun though!
      Alternator shot, so another one ordered.
      Attached Files

Comment

New alternator fitted. New stater fitted. Got fed up of rocking the car in gear to free the starter.
        Just waiting for the rain to stop...
        Gareth.

Comment

Know that feeling... I bought mine on 6 June and enjoyed beautiful weather driving it home but it doesn't seem to have stopped raining since

Comment

Whatever happened to the 90 days off really hot dry summer they forecast in the papers?
            Just sat in the 4 x 4 in a wild thunderstorm and flooding all around...
            the papers are usually right...

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
              Spoke too soon!
              Amazing thunder storms and torrential rain on two consecutive nights, and on the way home, the ignition light stays on below 40mph. So I kept above 40, which was interesting through the mountains...good fun though!
              Alternator shot, so another one ordered.
              Is that a Royale Sabre parked alongside?

Comment

No, it's my mate Kev's ( who used to have a blue Julietta) and it's a Sebring, kitcar, Austin Healey 3000 look alike.
                Lovely!

Comment

Working...
                X