Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Deflectors

Hi,
    I note that earlier in the forum there was some discussion re side screens and wind deflectors.
    I like the idea of fitting perspex wind deflectors but am unsure about the fixing of them to the windscreen surround. It would be advantagous to have removable 'brackets' but I am concerned that fixings, either removable or not, need to be unobtrusive and not look unsightly. I would be grateful for any suggestions that you very nice people may have.
    Many thanks. Derek

Re: Wind Deflectors

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    Hi Derek.

The end result of my investigation was a simple, but elegant solution (I think at least) that I never got the chance to implement or test. What I planned to do was replace the press studs on the rollbar/windscreen surround with the style of pin that is used on the rear of the car (the press over style). The pins would be used as location point and stop vertical movement, whilst a simple bracket would fit over the rollover bar and push against the side of the to stop lateral flex and to minimise pull on the pin. You could also add a small locking mechanism if desired (i.e. a clasp to grab hold of the inside of the window frame and clamp it in place)

They could then be removed and stored off the car and would mean that there was nothing on the roll-over bar which could get in the way of the roof. Use longer studs and it'd even be possible to leave them in place with the sidepanels still in place.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Keith Howell
      I designed mine so that they fit inside the hood side screen. They look the business but fundamentally a complete waste of time, effort and money. Perhaps others have had better success with different shapes

Comment

Thanks Guys. Still thinking about it. Derek

Comment

Working...
        X