Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

Message originally posted by: Lee
    Does anyone have any good advice on buying tyres for my roadster what make's/type's do you think are the best and could recomend. They are for a new set on Minilites wheel's 185/55/15

Re: Tyres

Lee,
    I,m running Uniroyal Ralle 550's on 195/65 x15 on cabrio front.Will use again when rears are worn out,good performance in all conditions so far.Paid [I think] around ?45 for each include vat /balance etc

Comment

Lee,
      What type of driving do you do as this will determine the best tyre for you. I only drive my roadster in the summer and when it is dry. I like a tyre that is sticky so that spirited driving is safer. I will be returning to Yokohamas when I get the 15" wheels on. The locost racing series use the A539's which are a high performance road tyre. I used the predecesors to these on my previous sports cars. They worked amazingly well on the 205 GTi. They get better as they wear out as well, which they do quite quickly. Not for those on a tight budget.
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Hi Jon
        I have gone for some Falken's 512 which are ment to be quite sticky both in the dry and wet getting them fitted Sat. What kind of 15" wheels have you got for your car ? I went for a set on Minilite's in the end.

Lee

Comment

Lee,
          Currently experimenting with a set of Maestro Xspokes. These are 5.5J instead of the 6J found on Montegos. Will be able to play with different offsets front and back then using spacers.
          How did you get on with the braking side of life?? I saw you had some discs on eBay. Did they work??
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

I made up a new set of disc's and countersunk the hole's they look really good, I also made up another set and sold these on ebay. They do look very good through the minilite's however not had a chance to give them any stick yet but on driving normally they work well. I could make some more if anyone required them see how they go down at stonleigh (see photo). Are you planning on going? If so we will have to meet up I should be there from Sat night.
            Lee

Comment

Discs

Comment

Lee,
                Just a word of warning. Keep an eye on the outside holes. They are a little close to the edge and when the discs come under stress from heavy use you can get stress cracks which will eventually make the disc fail. Many of the aftermarket companies now only "dimple" the disc although this has very little effect it still looks cool.
                If you ever make any more leave a bigger gap between the last hole and the edge to be on the safe side.
                Any news on the princess calipers from the other thread? I would be interested at the right price.
                I will be at Stoneleigh, probably Sunday.
                Jon.

Comment

Jon
                  We will see how they work out allthought this pattern was taken off my Subaru Impreza disc's with the same distance to the outside. Hopefully will have some news on the calipes just trying to catch the guy who has them. Great news you will be at stoneleigh will have to have a crack..

Lee

Comment

Working...
                  X