Cabrio weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio weight

I will start a similar discussion here. What does a SWB Cabrio weigh? MOT on Sat! Thanks in anticipation

Re: Cabrio weight

Hi Liz,
    Is this a prelude to SVA?
    I have a SWB Cabrio with a Rover V8 installed, its design weight is obviousely different from the cars actual weight.
    My cars actual weight is 1088kg, but the design weight is 1250kg.I hope this is of some use.
    Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. Just an MOT. The new computer thing has to have the weight on it for brakes test etc. Car has been on road since 93. Regards Liz

Comment

Liz/Mike
        According to an original brochure i have on the cabrio the typical weight is 700 kilos/14 cwt not the 1250 kgs you have mentioned.Interestingly you say that you have had yours on weighbridge at 1088 kg,also the Sierra saloon is quoted at 1025 -1135kgs dependant on spec,so that would make our cars heavier than the original which seems unlikely.Who's right ? maybe we all lost the plot going metric and should have stuck with our heritage!! Think I'll put mine on weighbridge to check.

Comment

Alan/liz/Mike
          I`ve seen that brochure too, and in my opinion marlin have understated by quite a large margin.
          My long weeelbase cabio with ford 2ltre DOHC was weighed at SVA and came out at: -
          986 kg without driver and with a full tank of fuel.
          Axel 1 (front) 438 kg
          Axel 2 (rear) 548 kg
          The MOT man was happy with these figures, so I guess a good average figure to give to the MOT guys would be 1000kg for a Cabrio.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Liz
            Many thanks guys for the input. MOT passed this morning. Weight put in was 986 kgs and the computer was happy. Must say I think my Berli weighs more than the Cabrio. That is due for MOT next week! Liz

Comment

Working...
            X