made it purrrr since ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made it purrrr since ages

After rebuilding my differential, I finaaly remounted it and drove it in and out of my tiny garage, sadly, only to further dissasemble it on the lh-side .
    I've been working on it for over a year now, but I do hope to get it on the road next summer!

To di list:
    Finish electrics (ripped it all out en started rebuilding from scratch)
    Mount new front steering links (already got them)
    Replace engine mounts
    Refurbish the entire interior
    Complete bodywork overhaul

Already done:
    Installed a new petrol tank
    Overhauled the engine and starter
    Rebuilt rear axle, shocks and brakes
    Chassis repairs
    Wiring for ignition and running

That 2.0 vitesse engine sure sounds lovely

Re: made it purrrr since ages

sounds like you are making real progress two steps forward and one back is really good going!
    Just keep in mind that as long as you have realistic deadlines you will be fine My own deadlines are very flexible to compensate.

Comment

It kind of reinforces my thoughts that rebuilding a differential is not a home mechanchics job.

Good luck.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
        It kind of reinforces my thoughts that rebuilding a differential is not a home mechanchics job.

Good luck.
        True, whilst it is doable,you still need above average understanding of how it works, and a truckload of patience to get the shimming just right.
        It after spending the night over some white cardboard plates I was delighted to not see a single drop or leak on them on to the next job

Comment

My own view, for what it's worth is Summer is for driving. Winter is for building. Get it usable for the Summer and enjoy it, top up the enthusiasm for the winter. My roadster is proof of this.

Comment

Working...
          X