• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out in the white stuff

Todays trip a cold 50 mile journey up in the hills of southern Scotland
    Attached Files

Re: Out in the white stuff

Wonderful pictures, I feel I have seen these hills from the another angle when I used to travel the M74 regularly
    Where were the pictures taken ?
    Regards
    Dave

Comment

A beautiful area, I used to go to Edinburgh via Moffat and 'The Devils Beef tub' an absolutely superb driving road with very little traffic and plenty of places to overtake. May I guess the photo is on the Tweedsmuir to Clapperscleuch road? Heading towards Tweedsmuir.

Comment

Hi I travelled out of Moffat on the Selkirk Road to St Mary's Loch, Then turned left at the AA box to go past Meggat Water. All this road is single track to Talla Water. The picture was taken at the top road which drops down to Talla Water and then pick up the A701 at Tweedsmuir back to Moffat and past the Devils Beef Tub

Comment

Hard as nails
          Stumbling around in the dark
          Marina based SWB roadster
          Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Hi Hairydave. You are right. It is the Cappercleuch to Tweedsmuir road and that is where the AA box sits near to St Mary's Loch. Peter

Comment

I thought it looked familiar, it's 10 or 15 years since I was around there working on the Gas installation at Beattock. When I had some spare time I would go for a cruise. I always thought 701 through Penicuick and Roslin was the best way to Edinburgh. Next Summer hopefully we will get up there again.

Comment

Hi Hairydave , we own the local hostelry in Beattock, The Old Stables Inn. You are very welcome if you are in the area next year Peter https://www.facebook.com/The-Old-Sta...7749351941612/

Comment

I used to live in Auchencairn and worked in Edinburgh so I traveled back and forth twice weekly , It really is a lovely road to drive in the summer but in winter could be a trial to say the least. I was glad when my job moved to Dumfries

Comment

Well Dumfries would have been just up the road for you then. Still lots of great roads around Auchencairn. Went through there earlier this year going to Kirkcudbright.

Comment

I was up there last month at my friend Davids garage in Auchencairn back there again in January weather permitting

Comment

Peter, We hope to take you up on that. There is a lot of beautiful scenery around there. Peterboat I know what you mean about the winter roads, there is the memorial to the frozen postman near the top of the Devils Beeftub.

Comment

Working...
                        X