Berlinetta in scrap yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlinetta in scrap yard

Just found this on eBay while looking at engine parts seems a sad end to the car https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282331137608
    Hope the link works.

Re: Berlinetta in scrap yard

I can't see an obvious sight of a registration plate being fitted.
    Without a 'good' V5 and properly registered, it's a parts only car.
    Shame.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

It was actually registered as a Marlin Berlinetta. DVLA record it as SORN.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
        It was actually registered as a Marlin Berlinetta. DVLA record it as SORN.
        Out interest - How did you determine your information?
        Did you recognise the car and know it's past history?

Comment

It has unusual bumper ends and a scoop on the bonnet which ID the car to http://www.stonefisk.com/Berlinetta/
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
            It has unusual bumper ends and a scoop on the bonnet which ID the car to http://www.stonefisk.com/Berlinetta/
            Good knowledge!

Comment

This is a later photo with the bumper and wheel changes

Comment

I understand nobody is "party" to anyone's personal situation, but when reading the information on "stonefisk.com/berlinetta, this car was his pride and joy, especially as his Father built it, what a loss it has ended up off of the road since 2008. To have taken the time to put together such a good article about the build, improvements undertaken and proposed for the future, plus all the photos seems such a shame for an iconic car to end up in a "Scrapyard". I must be careful on what I say as I have a Roadster [off the road at present], and a Hunter [recent acquisition, not as much fun as the Roadster but more comfortable for "she who must be obeyed" !!!!David.

Comment

Has anyone tried to by the remains? SWMBO would do unpleasant things to me if I got another project.

Comment

Noticed that it has now ended, would love to know if it was saved from the crusher, as I woud hate to think it didn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X