Stone me!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone me!?

I know they say its the only one out there but thats a heck of a price....... I could buy both the sportsters and still have change to build the garage to put them in.......

Find your dream classic car from over 10,000 private adverts plus many more trade adverts on Europe's No 1 classic cars site. 100% F...
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Re: Stone me!?

Judy & I sat in the Makaira down at Crediton at Terry's Open Day in remembrance of Mark. Yes very nice but too low for Judy [knee problems] and out of my price range, also not quite the car for touring across Exmoor, meant more for the roads on the Continent. Even the Hunter I have, I consider is not as much fun as my Roadster to drive, and it does not seem to be as much looked at by Show visitors partly to do with the different colours [green against red]. But "shwmbo" finds the Hunter much more comfortable. The answer might be to each drive one of the Marlins !!!!!! David.

Comment

The ad says-

"Unique Marlin Makaira - only one ever built For Sale (2002)"
      I'm sure Danny has one of these, is this it?
      YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Hi Mike,
        There was indeed only one ever built. This is it and yes I did own it for two years. I have no comment on the advertised asking price.

Comment

Yes that was the only one built, Danny owned the car when I saw it. David.

Comment

Well its certainly given me food for thought. I bought a nice Cabrio from Danny this time last year and its been sitting alongside my TVR Chimaera since then. Funnily enough when I want to go for a quick blast more often than not I find myself reaching for the Marlins keys, so much so I am putting the TVR up for sale in spring; the released funds are intended to support a resto. However, this advert has made me think I should possibly be doing an engine swap......
            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

Comment

Indeed , one hell of a price!
              Always rather fancied a Chimaera but my financial advisor [ SWMBO] says no!

Comment

Its one of those cars I'd always wanted, I have owned for 8 years and never regretted buying it. Drove it to the Spa GP last year which was great fun, however its a case of too many cars and not enough time to enjoy them all. Plus I like a car I can tinker with as I also owned another kit car for 7 years before buying the TVR. As I've now scratched that itch its time to move it on, let someone else take over ownership and get the Marlin to how I would like it. BTW it'll be under a third of the price of the Makaira so you may want to run that by SWMBO.....
                Last edited by wiggiesworld; 27-01-17, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Just looks like a hunter with swoopy wings just cant see it worth that money

Comment

Working...
                  X