Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings one and all

Hello Fellow Members

fancied a dabble with a Merlin Roadster so just got one, needs a lot of TLC but will record the build and post if members are interested.
    Darth Vader

Re: Greetings one and all

Welcome. If you need any help then just ask away.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

is this for real? merlin roadster?

Comment

How to make a new member feel welcome, NOT.
        If it is the established Members duty to discourage membership and free discussion on this forum, do you think that you demonstrate it.
        One of the many reasons I will not join the MOC. If only the attitude was more positive, the club might survive for longer.
        That is unless you have another agenda?

Comment

oh come on, its a little like me saying I drive a skoda golf!

Comment

Put yourself in the shoes of Darth Vader, that I admit is probably a made up name, but you have never seen me on my black motorcycle.
            How many people have offered help, and how many have ridiculed or poked fun at his post.
            As an introduction to the MOC it's hardly the sort of welcome that someone would expect from a friendly club.
            If it was you, would you feel encouraged?
            I am thoroughly dissapointed in the MOC if this is deemed acceptable behaviour within the Code of Conduct espoused on this forum. Combined with the accusation that I have allegedly poor manners despite the quality of my technical advice, I suggest that the detractors go and have a long hard look at the image they present of a 'friendly club' and just how they justify their position.
            If Darth Vader ever responds publically I will be very pleasantly surprised.
            I have sent him a PM, but as a non member, I doubt that he will be able to respond. The MOC is not at all welcoming.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Yes asking for a picture of his new acquisition would have been better! Welcome Darth Vader it would be great to see a picture of your new car.
              Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

It's probably a typo and he means Marlin, either way they are both great cars. I saw an awesome Merlin at West Wycombe Village Fete last year.
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

It would appear from the original post that Darth Vader is indeed a club member having joined this month - if so comments regarding pm's are incorrect. By citing MOC in posts it implies that the whole of the membership is unwelcoming which I personally find offensive and I am sure many would agree is absolutely not true. Many of us contribute regularly to this forum in an attempt to help members both new and old.

Comment

ok, apologies, i'll crawl back into my hole now!
                    however it did strike meas a possible trolling exercise!

Comment

Back again
                      not a problem with the earlier message, yes it was a typo on my part its a marlinI am too long in the tooth to be offended or upset by people life is too short
                      and at my age I cant afford the seconds arguing with any one.
                      20170225_121944.jpg
                      I have tried to upload a picture of the car so hope it can be seen, the car dont look much at the moment but with some time and TLC I will have it running but My Triumph Spitfire
                      comes first.
                      will post pictures as the renovation progresses.

Mike

Comment

Wow that's a nice tight fitting hood.

Welcome on board, you will find us a helpful lot (despite some comments).

Ask away and someone somewhere will answer.

Looks a good honest car.

Good luck.

Adrian

Comment

Welcome Mike, It doesn't have to be a show winner, my Brum being a prime example . It's about individuality and most of all FUN.

Derek
                          Stumbling around in the dark
                          Marina based SWB roadster
                          Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Hi Mike and welcome to the Owners Club. Car looks great and I am sure that everyone will be looking forward to meeting you and the car in the near future at some of the meets. I see an Alfa badge on the front. Does it have the Alfa Twin Cam fitted?
                            The Forum truly is a great place to source information of any kind and there is usually an answer or a solution to most things.
                            Chris

Comment

Another hi.

I do believe this is the Roadster that was on eBay without engine and gearbox, having had an Alfa twin cam removed. What are you planning on putting back in, Mike?

Comment

Working...
                              X