Ok, time to bare your souls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, time to bare your souls...

...and tell us all the names you have for your cars (and you know perfectly well I don't mean 'Roadster', 'Berlinet..')

Just (idly) curious (very), and would also be really interested as to why you chose the name.

My newly-purchased Berli hasn't been christened yet (a lack of title is the least of its problems) but to, hopefully, get the ball rolling, I did build a Dutton Melos (see? - it's confession time) some 25 years ago which I named 'Cissie' after Narcissus 'cos it was so pretty (I longed for a Marlin even in those days, but budget could only strech to the Dutton, and it was quite pretty - really), and I restored and ran a Triumph GT6 which I called 'Cyndi' after Ms Lauper - but that's another story...

(I'm writing this with a red face - please don't make it worse by not replying...)

Re: Ok, time to bare your souls...

Message originally posted by: Don
    "(Wee) Beastie" by default really. I would like to give her a proper name, just cant think of one.

Comment

Bluebelle! Bright blue Cabrio.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (Editor, MOC)
        For my Berli:
        - The Batmobile (sometimes)
        - EMMY after the reg plate C326 EME (less than sometimes)
        - !*/?!%!* when she breaks down (most used)
        Or when I am introducing her to new admirers (yes, I do get some), My Baby (used often)

Comment

My Berlinetta is called Moll!. Cheryl (the present Mrs C ) reckons that it is my "other woman". I spend too long with my hands working on her bits and pieces, apparently. Er... that would be Moll's bits etc....Hmmmmmmmm perhaps that's where I have gone wrong!
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

My cabrio is called Margo(as in the Good Life), being alliteration, and also she is very elegant and maybe a little proud of her background!
            She passed her SVA yesterday. 3 points from the morning. 1. Wiring between number plate lights to be secured better(Gaff tape...1 minute), small fuel weep from tank hose connetion(1 minute with screwdiver), and the head lights were set too low( corrected using his checker when he agreed I could come back at 3 pm (He got his extra ?30). I was delighted. This was in Glasgow. He used his common sense, and did not nit pick at silly Radius problems(He never even got the gauge out. He was embarrassed that his expensive gas analyser could not handle a pre cat engine( Jan 1995 scorpio 16v 2ltr)!
            Thanks everyone at Stonleigh for your advice.

Comment

My dear Mum is becoming rather forgetful and as my Cabrio beast keeps forgetting about speed limits she has to be Marge! Stoneleigh was great and thanks to everyone for making my son and I so welcome & Marge is still blushing as she came away winning some glassware!!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Ben (the puddle jumper)
                Arh souls, how sad, its a piece of machinery for goodness sake.The only time mine get called names is when they cost me money. Even then its not dear.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Ben (the puddle splasher)
                  Well, Ben, I bet you are all 'bhp' to your mates, but when your car is off the road needing repairs I bet you also sneak out to your garage under cover of darkness and sit there stroking the wheel and pining 'don't worry babe, you'll soon be ok...'

Comment

No I just drag a spare wotsit out from under the bench and fix it. Even half a bottle of Johny Walker wont fix it when you shorten the front by six inches so stroking it wont work.Cars are for driving not polishing in the garage.
                    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I could go for the obvious 'stroking it might well gain you...'
                      But I'll close by saying that I doubt, for any Marlin owner on here, naming their car is done at the expense of driving it.
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Ben(Q858 CGY)
                        You have totally misconstued my meaning. I was refering to actually shortening the car by said amount. Dont let me stop the thread.

Comment

Mine is called Millie Marlin.

She could have been Millicent after the actress Millicent Mary Lillian Martin who sung on ?That Was the Week That Was? and appeared more recently in Frasier. That would have meant too much filing to make the logo.

I rather liked Lili Marlin. This has the advantage of being easy to make. It is a German spelling as in the song Lili Marleen as sung by Marlene Dietrich:

Underneath the lantern
                          By the barrack gate,
                          Darling, I remember
                          The way you used to wait,
                          'Twas there that you whispered tenderly,
                          That you loved me, you'd always be,
                          My Lili of the lamplight, my own Lili Marlene.

I rather thought folks would just think I miss spelled Lilly.

Paul

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
                            My name means Lily in Hebrew (Susan)
                            I can't sing though.

Comment

Paul
                              What font did you use to make the Millie name - i have asked my son to use a CNC milling machine at school to make me an inset name for my dash, and he needs to know the font?

Comment

Working...
                              X