Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday at Stoneleigh

Re: Sunday at Stoneleigh

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

?
    YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Aplogies for the failure of the attachments.This is only tge second time I have tried to post photos and both times I have failed

Comment

Posting pictures seems to confuse a few people so I have added a brief explanation here:

Paul

Comment

Is this an easier way to add photos?

Open New thread, or Press "Reply to Thread" (same as suggested before)

Now: Click on the Picture frame icon (has a tree set in a picture frame)

Once open click : From Computer
          Click : select files.
          These are your photos stored on your computer - the only issue to then be aware of is file size, and that they are .jpeg files.

Click Upload - don't worry if it shows as [file] in your post.

Press Send : To send your post with pictures.

If anyone has a problem with this let us know how it fails as it works easily for me, and I'm not good with these things!
          Last edited by Mike; 17-05-17, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mocad2016 View Post
            Posting pictures seems to confuse a few people so I have added a brief explanation here:

Paul
            Could we post this up as a Sticky under its own title as this is importatnt to all new site visitors who would not think to look under "Sunday at Stoneleigh".

Alternative:

Open New thread, or Press "Reply to Thread" (same as suggested before)

Now: Click on the Picture frame icon (has a tree set in a picture frame)

Once open click : From Computer
            Click : select files.
            These are your photos stored on your computer - the only issue to then be aware of is file size, and that they are .jpeg files.

Click Upload - don't worry that it appears as [Attachment] in your post, when you click Send your picture will appear in your post.

Press Send : To send your post with pictures.

If anyone has a problem with this let us know how it fails as it works easily for me, and I'm not good with these things!
            Last edited by Mike; 17-05-17, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I second that Mike. The only thing I would add is that I have my phone camera set low at 8mp and then I resize them to 50%. I now use a free app on my phone to resize rather than do it on my laptop. The other thing which was mentioned above is that the pics don't show straight away, it instead shows text about attached file, but if you post to the forum you will then see the pic. You can always change it later by using edit post.

Comment

Can I do similar with my profile photo, having tried on numerous occasions to add, only to read to big, to many bites. I've tried to crop and still to large. Any advice guys

Comment

Originally posted by Alan B Gloucester View Post
                  Can I do similar with my profile photo, having tried on numerous occasions to add, only to read to big, to many bites. I've tried to crop and still to large. Any advice guys
                  Does your photo programme allow you to resize, rather than crop?

I also had a problem making a photo fit until DC suggested converting it to a .jpeg file - then all dropped into place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    It’s certainly a different way and one I had not used. I have updated the thread “How to add pictures to a post” with your method with some minor modifications. I’m not sure it warrants becoming a sticky. Let me know if you would like better attribution.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I’m still looking forward to seeing some Stoneleigh photos.
                    Paul

Comment

If you're running windows, download Image Resizer it works a treat. I've used it for years.
                      Link http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/
                      Last edited by h_m_cumming; 18-05-17, 08:23 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Thanks for info guy's, unfortunately my computer is US. at the mo, so having to use amazon phone & tablet, saving it on cloud which decides what it will let me do,or rather not.

Comment

Working...
                        X